• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reverse SETI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eaglescouter

Frustrating Senior SETI Nut!
Instead of us finding intellegent life in the universe; Japan establishes a pulsing beacon that lights up every 24 hours. Intellegent life examines the signal and determines that the subject lifeform is not sufficiently advanced to warrant contact. :shrug:

Is Japan really doing this? Seems they have a lot on their hands to be setting up Christmas trees right now...

I vote with just blast the entire universe with an RF wave that has the entire collective electricity of the planet behind it so that when it gets to wherever it gets, they won't have to put the signal back together to see what's in it :)

For my part I'm sure there's intelligent life out there, and that they were right on the cusp of making contact.

But then someone invented the Internet and the online books :)

I'm envisioning a future where an entire species will be judged by our shoddy run of the mill Sci-Fi book selection, don't get me wrong, I love Sci-Fi, it's just that there are so many hacks around.
Or a future where the "aliens" will bring crosses and holy H2O based on their intimate scrutiny of the Twillight books ^^

Personally I hope they're reading Stephen King and are too afraid of our monsters

This is still my favorite calvin and hobbes that is relevant to the topic at hand. Can't help it, one of my favorite cartoons of all time:

ry%3D250

Back