• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Right speaker no longer works

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

its the same deal with anything I plug in. I've tried headphones, switched speakers to another computer(worked fine). The left side works fine, but right side = no bueno...
So can it be safe to assume the motherboard's audio is failing? This is my P35-DS3L.

I don't want to replace the motherboard over a failing audio system. You guys think it would be worth it to get a good external audio card?

Any other ideas to revive one side?

EDIT: I wonder if I bought one of those Audio jumper cables it would work from the port on my CM690 case? Any thoughts? Where could I obtain one of these cables? I can't find it anywhere in my box of parts...

Last edited:
I'd check with the sound control panel first. Maybe the volume setting for the right side got set to zero?

Also tried reinstalling sound driver? Remove the existing driver from hardware profile, download the latest driver you can find, and install that.

Lastly, there's a good possibility the sound port is broken and can't make contact with the right side part of the plug. Getting the cable to the mobo's sound header (normally used for front sound) may work.

If you still can't get right to work at all,

I checked balance levels and everything is set to 100%...

It sometimes works and sometimes does not.

Where can I find a sound header without paying ridiculous shipping charges?

Well which speakers do you have?

My speakers connect to a subwoofer and into the computer.
Once my left speaker didn't work. I spent a long time trying to figure out the problem. Then I found out it was the cable connecting left speaker to subwoofer's fault.

Well which speakers do you have?

My speakers connect to a subwoofer and into the computer.
Once my left speaker didn't work. I spent a long time trying to figure out the problem. Then I found out it was the cable connecting left speaker to subwoofer's fault.

I've tested the speakers on my HTPC and it works fine. Its the port for sure. I also checked another time using headphones and same deal. Its odd for sure..but its definitely the motherboard.

Back