• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RIO 180 PUMP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

peewee

does anyone have a rio 180 in use with the aquacoil from becooling, i got the setup havent hooked it up yet but am wondering if the rio180 will push enuff water my rad is on the top of my tower case and the reservoir is on the bottom, should i move the rad to the bottom of the case so the pump issint working so hard to pump water up??? thanks
mitch

peewee (May 11, 2001 07:28 p.m.):
does anyone have a rio 180 in use with the aquacoil from becooling, i got the setup havent hooked it up yet but am wondering if the rio180 will push enuff water my rad is on the top of my tower case and the reservoir is on the bottom, should i move the rad to the bottom of the case so the pump issint working so hard to pump water up??? thanks
mitch

I just set this up today, Aqua cube and Aqua coil. What I did was mount both the reservoir and radiator at the top of the case. The flow is good in this configuration.

I just set this up today, Aqua cube and Aqua coil. What I did was mount both the reservoir and radiator at the top of the case. The flow is good in this configuration.[/quote]

can you put up some pics?.. i hooked my kit up on my table i i put the res on the floor and the rad and block on my table almost like it is gonna be set in my computer, at first the water looked like it was flowing through the tubes half way looking, but after a few seconds it was ok besides a few air bubbles that kept popping up , i knoticed the water flow back into the res looked slow to me, tho it might be right. any ideas where i can get a new reservoir that is already ???/

I don't have any pics just yet, because I have not cut the 120mm hole in the top of my PC-70 for the exhaust of the radiator. Right now I have the pump sitting on top of my power supply, with 2 90 degree elbows to turn the tubing right at the top of the case. On the aquacoil I had to do the same thing, put 2 90 degree elbows so that the tubing wouldn't hit the top of the case when mount it. For now I took an old CDROM, took the cover off and mounted it in an extra drive bay (making a shelf). I then sat the radiator on that with some styrofoam underneath the 4 corners of the radiator so that air could be drawn in. Thus far it's working okay at 1550mhz (just got done with an hour of Tribes 2). Once I get it finished, I'll take some pictures, but right now the system is only half together.

Back