• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung customer support gets an A+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Celeron_Phreak

To start you off, I purchased a Samsung SyncMaster 793MB, 17" pureflat CRT monitor from staples in July for $60, it was on clearance sine the SyncMaster series has been discontinued. Well the monitor worked great for about two months, but then it started to get this static orange-ish ting to it every 10-15 minutes and whenever the unit was powered on. You know how when there's a cell phone near your monitor and you get a call, the screen quivers distorts? That's what it was doing, but it gave the monitor an orange tint at the same time. It did this on every video card I tried (new and old) and a dozen systems I tried it on, even my laptop!

I was going to take it in to staples to get a new monitor and just pay the difference, but I didn't have my receipt and they couldn't look it up on the system, even though I purchased the replacement plan. So I called Samsung up and they said I'd have to ship it down to Utah so they could replace it, but I had to pay shipping. I scrapped that idea and just dealt with the problem.

Well yesterday I found my receipt and went to stables to see if they could give me my money back or take the monitor and I could pay the difference for a new one. They pretty much told me to go to hell, by telling me I had to call up a 1-800 number on the replacement plan pamphlet and they'd send me a $60 staples card, and that they couldn't touch the monitor to do anything with it in the store. And they call that a "replacement plan"????? I'm never buying technology which might require a replacement plan from them in the future. Staples sucks.

So I got home and called up Samsung. They transferred me to tech support and the guy asked for my name and phone number, then a description of what the problem was. After telling him the details, he asked me where they could ship a replacement unit to, as in which UPS store in Boise. I told him where, and he said the UPS store would call me up when the monitor comes in and all I have to do is bring my old monitor in, ready to ship, and exchange it. Now THAT'S what I call good warranty coverage! The monitor has a three year warranty and for any problems, the guy said I didn't have to pay a penny for replacing it.

A++++ for Samsung customer support!

Samsung does rock. I remember when my friend blew his 955DF he called samsung, they told him to take it to a Samsung depot. They exchanged it with a new OEM (new monitor just no cables or anything) on the spot.

Back