• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

see something wrong with this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Here is a full copy of the email between my friend and that seller

Full copy of the email between my friend and that seller. (she sent to me)

Read it carefully if you have time, you'll find out many funny things from that seller's COOL story :)

(NOTE: Read from the bottom first, because the order of the emails are from the bottom)

BUT, the most fun part is his last reply which is at the top.

read carefully :D, see who can catch MOST fun parts!!!

----- Original Message -----
To: Joyce and Dave Donelon
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 4:54 PM
Subject: Re: Question for seller -- Item #2070789197

THE FSB IS 576MHZ.-------WITH THE MEMORY SET AT 400MHZ YOU ONLY HAVE TO INCREASE THE FSB 11MHZ ON THE CLOCK AND I LOCK THE VIDEO CARD AGP FREQUENCY. I USE A 23X MUTIPLIER WHICH IS THE NORMAL SETTING FOR THE 2.8 GHZ P4 ENDING UP WITH A CPU SPEED OF 3.312 GHZ, A MEMORY FREQUECY OF 433MHZ, AND A CLOCK SETTING OF 144MHZ---{144 X QUAD PUMPED CPU = 576MHZ FSB}

THIS IS IDENTICAL TO MY PERSONAL GAMMING RIG, AND IT IS SWEET. IT BLEW AWAY MY DUAL 2200+MP RIG ON ALL PERFORMANCE TESTS. I'M SURE YOU WILL LOVE IT. I HAVE OWNED THE TOP OF THE LINE RIGS FOR SEVERAL YEARS NOW, AND THIS ONE HAS BROUGHT ME THE MOST JOY. WITH A 36" HDTV I AM IN HEAVEN!---LOL

WHICH RAID CONFIGURATION DID YOU WANT. STRIPPING IS THE FASTEST AND GIVES YOU 240 GB OF STORAGE, BUT IF ONE HARD DRIVE FAILS, ALL DATA IS LOST. MIRRORING GIVES YOU 120 GB STORAGE WITH TWO 120 HARD DRIVES, IS JUST A LITTLE SLOWER, BUT DUPLICATES DATA SO A IF ONE DRIVE GOES BAD, ALL OF YOUR DATA IS SAVED.

I BUILT TEN OF THESE UNITS TODAY, AND WILL PICK THE BEST FOR YOU AND START SETTING IT UP WITH YOUR OPTIONS.

HAPPY E-BAYING

FRED--------------BIG JMOMMAS COMPS

To: bigmommascomps
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 3:34 PM

what is the fsb please

Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 5:39 AM

Yes it does.------It would be a-----------

U.S. Robotics 3095 56K Internal Fax Modem PCI

Thanks again: Fred-------BIG MOMMAS COMPS

Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 10:50 PM

did the modem you priced in this support a fax i have one? thanks joyci

Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 3:45 PM

YES NO PROBLEM---THE TOTAL WOULD BE $2078 WITH SHIPPING AND AN ADDITIONAL $20 IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO INSURE IT. ALL ITEMS ARE IN STOCK EXCEPT THE SOUND CARD WHICH TAKES TWO DAYS TO

GET HERE FROM CAL.

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION OF OUR PRODUCTS

FRED

BIG MOMMAS COMPS

Sent: Monday, November 11, 2002 11:25 PM

i meant of course +the cost of the sound card thanks joyci

Sent: Monday, November 11, 2002 5:32 PM

THE AUDIGY PLATINUM 2 WOULD BE AN ADDITIONAL $173.00 WHICH IS OUR COST AND WOULD BE INSTALLED WITH SOFTWARE, AND OPTIMIZED FOR FREE.

THE MAXTOR HARD DRIVES HAVE NEVER GIVEN US ANY TROUBLE AT ALL. WESTERN DIGITAL IS ANOTHER STORY. WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR WARRANTY SERVICE ON 6 DRIVES WE SENT OUT TO WD

FOR SERVICE OVER TWO MONTHS AGO. WE BOUGHT FACTORY DIRECT AND OUT OF THE LOT OF 100 UNITS, IT IS NOT A VERY GOOD PERCENTAGE.

AS FAR AS PERFORMANCE, THE CONTROLLER ON THE MAXTOR BENCHMARKS A LITTLE FASTER READING AND WRITTING.

THE RESERVE OF THE AUCTION IS $1850.00 IN CASE YOU WERE INTERESTED-----THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR INQUIRIES---------FRED-----------BIG MOMMAS COMPS

Sent: Monday, November 11, 2002 6:04 PM

a question the hard drive you used the maxtor how does it compare to the caviar from western?

Sent: Monday, November 11, 2002 3:53 PM

THE C-MEDIA 5.1 ON THE MOTHERBOARD IS BETTER THAN MOST HIGH END SOUND CARDS----UNLESS YOU ARE WANTING SOMETHING IN THE LINES OF A SB AUDIGY PLATINUM, WHICH IS ONLY BETTER

NOT BY SPECS., BUT BUY HAVING A FRONT CONTROL PANNEL WITH REMOTE, A SOUND CARD WOULD BE A WASTE OF MONEY. HERE IS TEXT FROM A REVIEW OF THE MOTHERBOARD ON THE SOUND CHIP.

The Soyo P4X400 Dragon Ultra's sound capabilities are provided by an integrated C-Media CMI8738 audio-chip.

The CMI8738 supports 5.1 speaker-configurations, with six lines-out, including a central base-line.

As part of its standard equipment, the Soyo P4X400 Dragon Ultra also includes the ability to treat incoming and outgoing digital singlas via SPDIF optical connectors or gold plated RCA jacks.

From a sound standpoint, the C-Media¨ CMI8738 has very little to envy of other audio-chips. It supports up to 32 polyphonic voices, EAX effects, and supports both Microsoft DirectSound 3D, and Aureal A3D.

As we've mentioned before, the CMI8738 is head and shoulders above the audio circuitry that is typically included as part of most VIA chipsets, and its sound reproduction is simply excellent. Whether you're playing MP3s, CDs, or 3D games, the CMI8738's sound quality will often surprise you with its fidelity, and is an equal to many high end sound card.

IF YOU REQUIRE A BETTER SOUND DEVICE, LET ME KNOW WHICH MAKE AND MODEL YOU DESIRE AND I'LL E-MAIL YOU A QUOTE ON THE PRICE OF AN UPGRADE.-------THANKS FOR YOUR INQUIRY------------ FRED---------BIG MOMMAS COMPS

To: [email protected]
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2002 2:08 PM
Subject: Question for seller -- Item #2070789197

does your system have a sound card???

--------------------

Question from: joyci
Title of item: NEW 3.3 GHZ P4 240GB RAID CDRW DVD 9700PRO +
Seller: bigmommascomps
Starts: Nov-10-02 16:53:50 PST
Ends: Nov-17-02 16:53:50 PST
Price: Currently $355.00
To view the item, go to: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2070789197

Visit eBay, The World's Online Marketplace TM at http://www.ebay.com

Last edited:
See who can catch more "interesting" stuff from that seller's email? :)

lol, here is more his trash talk

Sent: Friday, November 15, 2002 5:01 PM

Manufacturer:
INTEL
Manufacturer SKU:
BX80532PE2800D

WE ONLY USE BRAND NEW COMPONETS. THE STOCK CLOCK SPEED IS 2.8 GHZ---WE RAISE THE FSB FROM 533 TO 576 TO RUN THE MEMORY AT ITS RATED SPEED OF 433MHZ AND THE CPU RUNS AT 3.3 GHZ. THIS IS A SPECIAL MEMORY DESIGNED TO RUN AT THAT SPEED, JUST FOR OVERCLOCKING.

THE NEW P4 .13 MICRON CHIP IS DESIGNED TO RUN UP TO 4.0 GHZ. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE 3.06GHZ P4 {THEY INTRODUCED RIGHT AFTER I LISTED THE AUCTIONS} AND THE 2.8 P4, IS THE INTERNAL CLOCK SETTINGS PROGRAMED INTO THE CHIP. THIS IS WHAT YOU PAY HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS MORE FOR.

BY SELECTING A MOTHERBOARD MADE TO RUN OVERCLOCKED, AND DOING SO EVER SO SLIGHTLY, YOU END UP WITH A MUCH FASTER COMPUTER, AND SAVE HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS.
IF YOU WANT THE NEW 3.06 P4, IT COSTS ME $310 MORE THAN THE 2.8, AND I WOULD BE GLAD TO UPGRADE YOUR SYSTEM, BUT IT REALLY IS A WASTE OF MONEY. I JUST RECIEVED A NEW P4 3.06 ORDER TUESDAY AND HAVE BEEN BURNING IT IN TODAY. HE SPECIFIED AN ASUS MOTHERBOARD, STOCK FREQUENCY CPU SETTINGS, AND PC1066 RAMBUS MEMORY. THE UNIT ON THE AUCTION IS ALMOST 28 PERCENT FASTER ON ALL OF THE SIS SANDRA BENCHMARKS THAT I HAVE RAN, AND RUNS 6 DEGREES F COOLER WHILE DOING SO. YOU CAN'T BEAT THE SOYO P400 DRAGON MOTHERBOARD/ GEIL PC3500 MEMORY COMBINATION, REGUARDLESS OF HOW MUCH MONEY YOU SPEND, AND HE SPENT ALOT.
INTEL, BEING TIRED OF THE SPEED RACE, HAS THE NEW .13 MICRON DIE CPU SET UP SO WHEN AMD RAISES THIER SPEED, ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS RECLOCK THE CPU MEMORY, AND BUMP UP THE PRICE TO WHATEVER THE MARKET WILL BEAR. IT WAS TOO EXPENSIVE TO REDESIGN A NEW CHIP EVERYTIME, SO WITH THE NEW ONE THEY UNDERCLOCK A 4.0 GHZ CHIP TO 2.26, 2.53, 2.6, 2.8, AND LAST WEEK TO 3.06, AND IN THE FUTURE ONLY AS AMD DICTATES BY THIER NEW OFFERINGS, AND STAY IN THE LEAD WITH MINIMAL INVESTMENT, AND MAXIMUM PROFIT.
I AM NOT TRYING TO SELL YOU SOMETHING YOU DON'T WANT, I'M JUST TRYING TO MAKE SURE THAT YOUR INVESTMENT WILL BRING YOU YEARS OF JOY, AT A VERY REASONABLE PRICE.
I RETIRED LAST YEAR FROM 20 YEARS OF SERVICE ON INTEL'S PAYROLL DESIGNING CPU MICROACHITECTURE FROM THE PENTIUM TO THE NEW P4 JUST OUT TODAY. I AM VERY PROUD TO OFFER MY LIFE'S WORK IN A FORMAT TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC WHICH ALLOWS ME TO PERSONALIZE MY END PRODUCT IN SUCH A FORM AS TO BE WHAT I CONSIDER THE BEST QUALITY COMPUTER MONEY CAN BUY.
SORRY I RAMBELED ON
FRED WELLS
BIG MOMMAS COMPS

Retail with fan and heatsink and 3 year waranty
Intel Pentium 4 Processor
2.8GHz Clock Speed
533-MHz system bus
512-KB L2 Advanced Transfer Cache
mPGA-478 (Socket 478) form factor
Featuring the Intel NetBurst microarchitecture
Compatible with existing Intel® Architecture-based software
Streaming SIMD Extensions 2 (SSE2) Instructions
Intel® MMX™ media enhancement technology
Integrated caches include 12-K micro-op trace cache and 8-KB L1 data cache in addition to L2 cache memory
Based upon Intel's leading 0.13 micron manufacturing process technology

To: [email protected]
Sent: Friday, November 15, 2002 4:48 PM
Subject: Question for seller -- Item #2070789197

IS THIS A new cpu out on the street or are you stating the overclock speed. please give me part number and specs thanks joyci

--------------------

Question from: joyci
Title of item: NEW 3.3 GHZ P4 240GB RAID CDRW DVD 9700PRO +
Seller: bigmommascomps
Starts: Nov-10-02 16:53:50 PST
Ends: Nov-17-02 16:53:50 PST
Price: Currently $710.01
To view the item, go to: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2070789197

Wow. You'd think that if he'd actually retired last year, then he'd know SOMETHING about hyperthreading being activated on the 3.06. I think I smell something funky; time to bust out the hip-waders.

oops said:
I found this liar

he is selling "2.8GB overclocked to 3.3GHZ, 576MHZ system bus"

haha

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2070789197

I said that's a "liar", because someone I know emailed him ask him about the false number, and he said "it is 576MHZ, the default multiplier of P4 2.8 is 23".

That's what he said :D

(NOTE: I posted the FULL email between my friend and that seller in the 20th reply, you'll find out how funny that seller's story is)
2.8 has a 21x multi, and 3.06 has a 23x multi.;) so, you think hes selling a overclocked 3.06 system??

I think he's selling a line of BS!!!!!!!!!! Soyo? whatever..................If that joker passes 24 hrs of looping 3DMark I'd be surprised. 8 a day huh and I'm going to pick the best for you. I've heard it all :rolleyes:

anyone noticed that also??
------------------------------------------------------------------

"I BUILT TEN OF THESE UNITS TODAY, AND WILL PICK THE BEST FOR YOU AND START SETTING IT UP WITH YOUR OPTIONS."
--------------------------------------------------------------------

lol

ooooh k whats up with the $1 comps lol

hey for 1 dollor ill risk getting burned, its like the lottery lol

he has reserved price on it. So it's not going to sell unless the reserve met.

someone else raised the bid on that first auction to $935 already

i just noticed another thing, hes calls 2 120gb in a raid0 a 240gb drive....HAHHAHAHA

Back