• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seeing as how....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Wicker Man

I cant control my 8800 fan, no matter what, would it be safe to power it right from the PSU???

This is prolly a dippy question, but I just want to make sure it's a 12volt fan, and could handle being powered right from the PSU......:)

Id run it from the board if I were you, and you should be able to control the fan with the nvidia forceware stuff. Its what I used for my 7600 when it was wayyy too loud in vista.

ya, Riva tuner showed No Supported Drivers For This Display Adapter....
Expertool doesnt do it either..

I am thinking before my step up expires I am gonna go to a GTX, so I dont wanna pull the heatsink for a diffrent one, but I dont like the temps I am getting either.....

rivatuner works perfectly fine... it works with any nvidia driver even if they arnt officially supported... just load up rivatuner and go to the target adapter customize section

riva1.JPG

then click on low level configuration its the first icon on the list... then change the fan speed its quite simple and works like a charm.... i wouldnt run it off your psu cus you never know what could happen.... although i dont expect n e thing would.

even though this says a 7900gt i use the same thing for my 8800gts.

Could you please give further instructions??

This is what I get under the first tab thingy (low-level system settings)

riva.jpg

The Wicker Man said:
Could you please give further instructions??

This is what I get under the first tab thingy (low-level system settings)

riva.jpg

hmm theres definetly something wrong... under that window you should have a FAN tab check out the attachment... also notice that im using the 97.94 drivers with my 8800gts

10 bucks says its some vista quirk... *cough* vista sux :p *cough*

Attachments

• new.JPG
    new.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 298
It's the dam drivers, up until the 101.70's I had fan control..........

What ever nVidia did, they really screwed the pooch.....

No fan control sucks the big one, I always ran the fan on 100%

Also, theres like 4 wires on the fan plug, so running it off the PSU or mobo header is out........:bday:

ok, **** on it, back to 100.65's, hopefully the instability I had before was due to some, well, other things......:rolleyes: :beer:

Back