• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

serious 8rda+ problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My uncle put his heatsink (Volcano 7+)on right, but the clip that attached it to the socket was in backwards. Thus it looked right, but the compression was not over the core of the CPU (1600+). He turned on his computer (KT7A-Raid) and within seconds experienced shutdown. Managed to reach BIOS once or twice before but mostly it just shutdown immediately. Those chips get hot fast. If you can test a different CPU, I would do that too. Make sure you didn't damage the core when putting on the heatsink. Good luck.

If you're running a 2100B Tbred, I'd try swapping it out for a palamino XP, just to see what'll happen. Epox hasn't been doing a good job with it's bios updates for the Tbred cpu's, and your problem may be related to this. Also, I'm not sure the 8RDA can run the Tbred's at anything but the "AUTO" setting in bios, so if somehow any X multiplier was selected it either wouldn't boot or run right. And definitely pull your heatsink and make sure the cpu has left a complete imprint on the botton of your heatsink.

jboy said:
If you're running a 2100B Tbred, I'd try swapping it out for a palamino XP, just to see what'll happen. Epox hasn't been doing a good job with it's bios updates for the Tbred cpu's, and your problem may be related to this. Also, I'm not sure the 8RDA can run the Tbred's at anything but the "AUTO" setting in bios, so if somehow any X multiplier was selected it either wouldn't boot or run right. And definitely pull your heatsink and make sure the cpu has left a complete imprint on the botton of your heatsink.

umm, the 8rda+ can definitely run tbreds at multipliers other than default. myself and some others are doing so on this board with tbred a's and many many ppl are doing so with tbred b's.

Some people with the 8RDA's couldn't get multi access with the B's, but maybe these were earlier rev. and were bios fixed.

But getting back to the problem at hand: does the 8RDA have Fan Off Control, (FOC), cuz if it does, the cpu fan may not be plugged into the specific connector on the board designated as the cpu fan connector. If it's plugged into any connector but this one, the board will shut down as described-check your connections.

jboy said:
But getting back to the problem at hand: does the 8RDA have Fan Off Control, (FOC), cuz if it does, the cpu fan may not be plugged into the specific connector on the board designated as the cpu fan connector. If it's plugged into any connector but this one, the board will shut down as described-check your connections.

it doesn't, my cpu fan, and all my fans for that matter, are plugged directly into my psu and mine runs fine. didn't have to change any settings in the bios or anything. my guess is that its a heat problem, like some others have mentioned.

My 8rda keeps shutting down after about 10 seconds. Before I changed fsb and multiplier, it booted to windows but would still shut down after 5 min or so. This is ****ing me off. I When through 3 boards within 2 weeks. :mad:

8rda+ problems

I got my new 8rda+ and 2100B 2 weeks ago. have tried many different settings and tweaks and have gotten that siren sound a few times. each time i got that sound I was changing memory settings, ie: timings too aggressive or over 204 MGh, {pc3200} Try rebooting holding the insert key while tapping the delete key as comp boots, usually it will get you right into the bios. Sometimes you will get a black screen with a blue line running across the bottom of the screen that just hangs, if this happens just reboot and try again. Then you can check your settings. Hope you can get yours up and running bcause this is a great board.

Peace

Ok I got to run longer than before and this is what I did.

Memories on Dimm 1 and 3

Everything Default. (My cpu is even running at 1100 when default speed should be 1460 or XP 1700)

Took out the cpu fsb frequency jumper so freq is 100/133 MHz

I'm giving up for the night. Spent 5 hours trying to make this work and I ran out of patience. Sigh.....

Back