• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SERIOUS MSI K7T PRO2A PROBLEMS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hassi

I guess i'm one of those that are having problems with the Pro2A. Here's a list:

-BIOS (not the load, just the bios) takes 25 seconds to load. Every BIOS I've seen loads in less than 5 seconds.

-My quake 3 fps are awful. With a BH6 and celeron2 533@800 and a TNT2 Ultra I'd get 80fps on the Normal default 640x480x32. With a Duron 600@950 (150mhz faster) I'm getting 75. That's a loss ~7% even though it's running 150mhz faster! 3DMark2000 scores are similiar.

I'm at a complete loss, I've upgraded to 950mhz to be faster, not slower!

Any clue what's going on?? Should I call MSI and return it?? I hope they'll mail me a new one and i can ship this one back afterwards, I'd hate to wait a few weeks for the freaking board!

wow, what a great response

glad to see people really read these

hello?

wow this is pathetic, i've never seen such a slow forum.

hmm...well, i've got the same motherboard but not that problem. have you tried updating your BIOS? just a suggestion.

First of all, your Q3/3D Mark scores are video card limited. If you want to take full advantage of your processor do yourself a favor and buy a new video card. Even a Geforce 2 MX will let you run much better.

Secondly, make sure that you have AGP4x enabled, AGP Fast Writes and that you installed the VIA AGP Drivers (preferably in Turbo mode).

Thirdly IF YOU POST ON X-MAS EVE, DON'T BE SURPRISED IF THE FORUM IS SLOW!!! ;-)

I got same m/b and it's a sweetie, I love it! Very stable and love the fuzzie
logic o/c utility. 1GHz running at 1.175GHz @ 1.75v with temp of 35c.
I burned in the cpu, and haven't had any trouble. I recommend this board.
I will push the cpu, but just got the system up and running and still a little tentive, as the wife wouldn't like it if I fry something just yet. I have only seen a 1GHz go to around 1.2GHz, can't wait to open this baby up with some good cooling and more voltage. Sorry to hear your having trouble. :-( This is the fastest booting mb I have seen. You running any scsi?

Nagorak (Dec 25, 2000 08:38 p.m.):
First of all, your Q3/3D Mark scores are video card limited. If you want to take full advantage of your processor do yourself a favor and buy a new video card. Even a Geforce 2 MX will let you run much better.

actualy.. using 640x480 and 800x600 the q3 fps are 95% limited by the cpu, not the video card..

but i still suggest that you get a better 3dcard(not that it´ll fix your bios problems)

try reflasing your bios.. even with an older bios version

Back