• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SERIOUS PROBLEM {ABIT KT7A} INTELL 333 OUT DOES ME

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diehrd

Senior SMP Gawd
It seams an intell 333 can do what my 1.2 amd on the Abit KT7A, can not do.Read on THIS IS MOTHERBOARD RELATED I JUST DONT KNOW THE FIX.
1.2 266 fsb at 9x133
512 megs pc 150 at 133
Matrox G400 Dual head Max
350 Amd approved p/s
30 GIG 7200 western Dma 100
cdrom and an A drive,No other cards NO other drivers.

I purchesed a new printer,scanner,copier.Lexmark X73

Here is what happens on my AMD{I returned this system to stock so it is not oced at all}When I print a page all is well,HOWEVER if I send a print job to the printer with 2 or more pages the print Program HANGS
Also if I send a picture or graphic intense job it hangs.

No other program hangs except the print program,I have torn my system apart as a result of THE ABIT TECH TEAM AND LEXMARK.Here is what I have done.Completly removed all cards from pci,disconnected cdrw,then REformatted H/D.Installed WIn 98SE (Thay asked me to get rid of WIN ME)
Via 4.32 drivers,via USB filters,and my Matrox Vid drivers.Then I install the printer software and drivers EXACTLY as suggested.In device manager I have no question marks relating to ANYTHING.But still It hangs.

This is what I can see happening,This printer spools its info somewere,ON THE AMD it spools the job way before job is printed,THE JOB METER ON DESKTOP HITS 100% as page 2 is half way done,and program dies.ON THE INTELL THE JOB METER RUNS AT THE PACE OF THE PRINTING JOB.I MEAN AS A PAGE IS COMPLETED{SAY 4 PAGES } METER READS 25% per completed page.

Obviously the printer,scanner,copier works fine.However The AMD system cannot handle this simple task.I need tips on what may cause this problem
The Abit Kt7A has the WW bios,via 4.32,,drivers and Via usb filter patch,With via 4.26,4.29 and no usb filter it still does this.Because usb shares an IRQ wuth pci slots 4 and 6 I have removed pci cards,and never installed them with newest format so there are no drivers in the system except chipset,vid and printer.{direct x 8 as well}

THIS IS THE SECOND PRINTER TO DO THIS ON MY SYSTEM,and the second printer to work on the INTELL 333MHZ.ANY ONE KNOW WHY ????????

VIGASE (Jul 14, 2001 01:53 p.m.):
Is the printer connected via USB?
If Yes try to set default cpu clock !

It is usb connected,In bios were is that cpu clock listed.

diehrd (Jul 14, 2001 02:21 p.m.):
VIGASE (Jul 14, 2001 01:53 p.m.):
Is the printer connected via USB?
If Yes try to set default cpu clock !

It is usb connected,In bios were is that cpu clock listed.

This sounds like a Win98 USB problem. Download the Win98 USB fix from Microsoft and it should fix the problem. Also install the USB filter driver from Via.

Another thing to consider is trying to change the K7_CLK option in BIOS to Optimal, see if this helps. It is mainly for stability with USB devices and also known to help with getting those higher multipliers of 10+. I had to change that option on mine to get my 1gig to go over the 10 multiplier.

My mother board KT7A does not have that option in the bios.

Is there a bios update that offers this setting.

the zt bios has that option.is the escd and pnp options enabled?is it connected to the extra usb header or the primary? did you try changing it to the other?

You will find the 'k7_CLK_CTL under ADVANCED CHIPSET in the bios ... it is included in the bios version that shipped with your mobo.

Back