• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seti Bar&Grill is now open and dedicated to Frank my new bar-back

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

racecar12

A huge plate of frog legz and drink of choice goes to Frank(Heavy cruncher) for helping me out with the bar as my bar-back. You can see his production on page 1-100 dailys and weeklys and also in the top movers and shakers:beer:

More thanks go out to Bobt17 and TC who have helped me recently in upgrading my farm. Here you go fellas>Double order of frog legz and drinks "On the house":beer:

I put alot of time in my farm this week. It was on the verge of out of control status. I had 3 systems as cyborgs that now have cases along with a new Linksys cable router. Picking up a 10 port switch/hub this weekend to get it all together with room for expasion. My goal is between 8-10 systems local 24/7 with now 2 remote and one of those is part time. Also installed is a 4way kvm and soon another 4way kvm(my cheapest route) to make maintenace easy. So for that I will order me a plate of fried frog legz and a beer(its early, but why not):beer:

Come in one and all for free drinks and frog legz cooked any way you want and tell us what happened this week. Good or bad:cool:

I'd like a double shot of NyQuil and some frog leg soup.

...I think that says enough about my current condition.:eh?:

Boy! It sure is handy having a bedside bar! With a laptop and wireless, I can be almost anywhere and get great service.;)

Greg M said:
I'd like a double shot of NyQuil and some frog leg soup.

...I think that says enough about my current condition.:eh?:

Boy! It sure is handy having a bedside bar! With a laptop and wireless, I can be almost anywhere and get great service.;)
Got the cure for you my friend....Frog and noodle soup with the douboe of Nyquil. Hope you feel better.

Another forgoten thanks needs to be given to Basher and Mictlan for all the support they put into this forum. It is rather cool to be able to check all the stats so easily:cool:

Mucho Gracias, Frog Legz and drinks for my friends:beer:

racecar12 said:
Another forgoten thanks needs to be given to Basher and Mictlan for all the support they put into this forum. It is rather cool to be able to check all the stats so easily:cool:

Mucho Gracias, Frog Legz and drinks for my friends:beer:

Thanks I'll just take the frog legs since I just returned from the bar.

Uggggg.....I lost a system last night. The hard drive died. It was an iffy hd anyways but off to get another one here in a bit:mad:

Greg M said:
Bummer! That'll drive a guy to drink.
Just finished installing the new OS. Now progy time:cool:

I was suprized to see the price of pre-made cat5 cables. Heck....I bought the crimp tool, 100ft cat5, and a box of rj45's for about $20 less than what I needed for my farm with plenty left over for upgrades to the network:beer:

NO KIDDING! You can buy an entire spool of Cat 5e, RJ45 crimp on connectors and a crimp tool for less than the price of a couple of pre-mades. You don't even need a fancy crimp tool to do a great job if you take your time.

I had a cruncher go down today, too! Stinking Iwill KK266-R has been nothing but trouble with a new XP1800+. I did a reboot today and it didn't come back. I'm just about done reloading XP into a different partition so I can recover the data. I put a 1.4 AYHJA 'Y' into it and will try to overclock it enough to get some decent performance out of it until I can come up with enough scratch to change out the Iwill with a KT266A or KT333 board. I'm done with Iwill/Iwon't.

Greg M said:
Iwill/Iwon't.
LOL....I think I said the same thing once or something similar. Set Greg up with an order of legz and drink of choice for his troubles:beer:

Thanks for the intro, I'm sorry I didn't get in here sooner. I'll be glad to help out when I can.

A storm cell went through here yesterday and I lost my router and the power supply on on of my T-BIRD systems (I hope it's the p-s!). I wasn't home at the time so everything was off most of the night, my W/U production dropped to 10 W/U's for the day. I installed new router this afternoon and I'm going to look at the power supply in a bit, hopefully everything will be back to normal in a few hours.

One good thing out of this, I used to have a single port router betwen my LAN and modem, now I've got a four port router and have an additional three ports that are going to need something plugged into them.

I was going to set up one of the boxes as a gateway but decided that the router makes a nice "fuse" that's easier to replace in the event of something like this.

By the way, LincSys four port routers are on sale at Radio Shack this week for $79 outright no rebate, lowest price I've found.

Bummer about the storm damage. Never thought I would cringe at anything but I now do whenever a storm aproaches.

I have had a big puter day myself. Installed the new hd in the new P4 and got around to some successful overclocking. [email protected] for now. Havn't tried any higher yet cause I was anxious to get on to the next project. CONNECTIVITY!!! And just finish the last puter #6:beer:

Just bit the bullet and ordered a Gigabyte GA-7VTXH+ to replace the Iwill. Production should go up a bit starting Wed.

Good to see you're getting "connected". Linksys makes some great products for the money. Looks like you've got a cable/dsl router fronting a NetGear switch (a little hard to tell from the photo)?

Another double shot of NyQuil and cup of frog and noodle, and off to bed I go.

Update,

The power supply is toast, I had an extra 300W generic unit sitting around, all's well for now. I found a new problem, the northbridge fan is dead, it's on the list for the next show. I should still be able to go [email protected] on this A7V133 intil I get a new one.

racecar12, You make me sick!, Not only do you have all of your computers lined up neatly in a row, they all match!

J/k It looks good, I'm glad to hear of your success on the upgrades.

Have a leg and a lager on me!

I got what I thought was a pretty good deal on the cases from newegg. Enermax case w/300watt ps for $43 bucks each but really had to do it. 3 of my systems were cyborgs and driving me up the wall.

Greg
Hope your felling better. You hit the nail on the head. Lynksys router and 8port netgear hub. This one will fill up quickly with only 1 port free. But I do have another 4port to chain in if I grow beyoud that. Yeah I no about the rom fopah but I was scraping for parts. I'll replace it soon:beer:

Is that a single port LinkSys? That's what I just lost, I had no problems with it for almost two years. I just replaced it with a four port version of the same thing backed up by an 8 port switch and a base 10- 5port hub, all linkSys. I'm going to migrate the hub out for now and just use the two switches.

Back