• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shooting for number 1!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Freddie

Shooting for number 1! (21st)

Okay it is no secret the team 32 is the friendlyest team out there and they team with the best people ;) . I am sure that most of you would love for team 32 to be no.1 I think that we can do it. So I have made this project to track our progress. Every week I will take the current stats on what team is winning and then plot them into a range of graphs. The graphs will not include Aggregate Teams as there is no way that any other team can beat them. I made it in Microsoft Excel 2000 but it does work on 97 and 2002. Please take a look at the chart and the info providid with it and tell me what you think. I will chance it to accomodate the teams needs. Sorry i have only plotted it into one graph at the moment as i want to get it up. When spend time on making it with loads of graphs to be flamed and told that it is no good, as i have been told on other message bords before. It is in a compressed folder (.zip) as it will not let me attach a .xls. I if you any suggestions, please tell me them.

Attachments

• folding@home overclockers stats wk2.zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Thanks, this way we can keep trac of how well we are doing and what the other teams are like. Do you think that there is anything else that i can add to make it better.

Nevermind. I got it.
http://www.openoffice.org/

By that chart, we can see that Australian processors are generally crappier than their northern hemisphere counterparts.

We seem according to the stats be quite inactive. However the cpu's that are active must be quite fast. I think that we should try and get members to fold more often as we seem to have loads of innactive cpus. IT! :)

Well, of course our cpus are fast, we are after all overclockers.com!

Of course, we are overclockers.com, but keep in mind, most of the farms/borgs that we have here are at stcok speeds. Big farms = cheap mobos = crappy OCing ability. Plus I saw someone say that thier farm stayed at a constant 50°C.

Well here is my working. OCA have about 2x as many cpus as us right. Now lets us say that our cpus are 1.756 (apporx) times faster than theirs. Newer cpus have SSE and 3dNow! while i think quite a few of theis do not. Thanks to the new core we will start to catch up on them. Our newer cpus can use SSE. Also the new core has been found to genrally increase performance on the fast cpu's (with SSE off) and older style cpus (PIII) have mostly been found to have slighly higher times. When you turn on SSE you will find that we get quite a big advantage, all go and download it. Now you all know why you didn't buy a farm of k-6's, you went out and got good cpus (mum will kill me more saying that the k-6 is bad) with better instruction sets.

Great chart and idea to inspire the troops. I bet we could cut their daily production advantage significantly if everyone would start using the new core and SSE flag.

Another great thing to do is buy a cheap-o pen drive and have the client (or the One-Click) on it to take with you everywhere you go. Nik and I both have one and it's the easiest way to borg a rig....

Wedo

Wedo said:
Another great thing to do is buy a cheap-o pen drive and have the client (or the One-Click) on it to take with you everywhere you go. Nik and I both have one and it's the easiest way to borg a rig....

Wedo

Someone should just buy them in bulk and sell them out with folding already on it. I bet that would get those lazy people buying them and then borging.

Matt

"Your computers will be assimilated, resistance is futile, they are being borged!"
P.S. If you want me add add more types of graph ect. Tell me.

Hey, give me a pen drive and I'll be all over it. I've thought of that idea...always thought they were too expensive though. Pity I missed the $20 ones last time I ordered from Newegg. I'll make sure to pick one up next time!

Looks good. School computers wouldn't be borged by a pen drive if you don't have administrative access. I burned a cd that a comp boots from and gives you administrative access to any windows computer (NT or later) to add folding to. (a pen drive won't always work because some comps are set to not boot off usb, some usb on back are hard to get to and fiddle with, and it would look a lot less suspicious if you put in a cd instead of a pen drive.) I tried it on a school computer and it worked. I chickened out before installing folding on it though. I made sure it was safe by using it on my own computer first.

Back