• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should i get rid of my hyper6 for a SLK-948U on a64 system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shuRe

Iv been debating this for a while, i know the mobo temps arnt that accurate on these boards, but am debating whether the 948U would lower my temps i have. Im currently getting 45 idle at 1.55 volts, with my hyper 6 and stock 32cfm fan. I heard that the xp-90 and 120 dont perform well on the a64 as they dont bolt down tight enough. If these two do not bolt down well to the cpu then im thinkin my 1.1kg hyper6 would be worse :s

Shall i stick with the hyper 6 or go with the SLK-948U?

Thanks

Either heatsink should serve you well. The Hyper 6 looks decent in construction and performance. Going to a SLK948 would probably not gain you much if anything.

Most heatsinks are designed to bolt down tight enough. I don't know why it would not be the case unless your retention mechanism (or the heatsink's) was weak somehow.

Only way to get a good performance increase would probably be an XP90 or 120, but I would personally stick with the Hyper6.

The XP-90 and XP-120 have both been shown to outperform the Hyper6, but only marginally. You won't see a decrease of more than 1-2C at most.

Back