• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should i get ti4600 or radeon 9700?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Demont said:
the 9700 is like 350 dollars, because it is a very new video card, and very good. vs the 4600 which is probably more like 250 dollars depending on what company and what retailer you buy from.

Man, I want to know where the ti4600 is $250. The last I saw they were about $310 themselves.

t5he 9500 will be sweet when it comes out and for less $$$ but for now it is the 9700 all the way if ya got cash to burn

and ya need the latest and greatest that still is not used to its full potential

cisco kid

if you have the money to blow, i couldn't think of a better way to blow it...especially if you're like me and you're finishing up a system...and don't feel like waiting a few more months for the nv30.

when i get my student loan check newegg is getting a visit from me...p4 2.26b, radeon 9700, and maybe some klipsch 4.1's

jeff

the 9700 all the way better graphics, more speed, newer technology better everything and the price is nearly the same as a 4600. if i were to buy an invidia card i would only consider the 4200's becauser you can very easily (when overclocked), get them to run at the same speed as a stock 4600, which is almost as expensive as the 9700. no copmparison here. 9700 all the way.

No, very few of the 4200s are going to hit the speeds of the stock 4600. Not if you're comparing 128 meg cards to 128 meg cards anyways.

donny_paycheck said:

Man, I want to know where the ti4600 is $250. The last I saw they were about $310 themselves.

well i didnt make it clear but i was just kind of guessing thats where the 4600 will be soon, now that the 9700 is out. i figured i might as well give nvidia the benefit of the doubt. oh well!

Demont said:

well i didnt make it clear but i was just kind of guessing thats where the 4600 will be soon, now that the 9700 is out. i figured i might as well give nvidia the benefit of the doubt. oh well!

Have you been to pricewatch lately? They've got 34 Ti4600 cards for $250 or less SHIPPED. You can pick from a couple generics, a Gateway OEM, a Chaintech, a Leadtek OEM, Visiontek, MSI, and EVGA, and a Leadtek Retail card.

If you run 98se or Me then the 9700 is the way to go as it does not appear that Nvidia is going to support them. Of course there is no word from Nvidia to this extent but the new 40.xx drivers for 98se/Me do not exist. Ati has made it clear that it will support these systems. When one considers the performance, the direct 9x support, Ati's consideration to those that prefer to use 98se and Nvidia's holding back on drivers....well....(I actually prefer Nvidia) but alas maybe it is time to change.

Its all about bragging rights and percentage gains against price and real world uses. The 9700 for games is the top dog right now but I think for the same money I'd go with an ATI 8500 or a Nvidia 4200 and buy several kickin games. Then in a year or so buy the 9700 or the nv30 for about the same price.

If I had more disposable income I'd swap out cards and mobos every three to six months but instead make do o/c the ones I got :D

Have you been to pricewatch lately? They've got 34 Ti4600 cards for $250 or less SHIPPED. You can pick from a couple generics, a Gateway OEM, a Chaintech, a Leadtek OEM, Visiontek, MSI, and EVGA, and a Leadtek Retail card.

how should i know, i dont research nvidia crap, tell it to donny. :rolleyes:

GeckoBanzai said:
Its all about bragging rights and percentage gains against price and real world uses. The 9700 for games is the top dog right now but I think for the same money I'd go with an ATI 8500 or a Nvidia 4200 and buy several kickin games. Then in a year or so buy the 9700 or the nv30 for about the same price.

If I had more disposable income I'd swap out cards and mobos every three to six months but instead make do o/c the ones I got :D

And that makes you a smarter man than some of us, me included.:(

No, very few of the 4200s are going to hit the speeds of the stock 4600. Not if you're comparing 128 meg cards to 128 meg cards anyways.
well, i had my 4200 overclocked (before i killed it with a screwdriver) to 310/593 and when i compared it to other ti 4600 that were at stocks speeds (on the madonion comparison charts) it was 2 percent faster.
so, say what you want, but i've seen it with my own eyes.

Smarter? When I first heard about the G4 ti 4200 I preordered mine and had to wait a week for it to be released, paying like $50 more than I could get it for now, just so I could get my sweaty palms on it and play around with the 3.6ns ram and play Dungeon Siege without the massive lag I got with my G2 MX 400.

Of course if I had more money I would have gone with the 4600 then or the 9700 now. Its not intelligence Silver, its poverty!:D

GeckoBanzai said:
Smarter? When I first heard about the G4 ti 4200 I preordered mine and had to wait a week for it to be released, paying like $50 more than I could get it for now, just so I could get my sweaty palms on it and play around with the 3.6ns ram and play Dungeon Siege without the massive lag I got with my G2 MX 400.

Of course if I had more money I would have gone with the 4600 then or the 9700 now. Its not intelligence Silver, its poverty!:D

I hear that.:)

Back