• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would wait for Penryn. Unless you do some serious work, the 6300 is no slouch even at stock. Can you overclock that 6300 a bit?

i'm sure i can if anyone teaches me how to... i don't think it's a good bach though i think it's one of the earliest weeks cause i bought it like right away maybe week 23 or so...and i only have a Gigabyte DS3 .... anyone wanna help me wiht overclocking? btw the fan i ahev is only a thermaltake mini typhoon..=( and i'm too broke to spend any money on the pc because i'm saving for peryn...

The DS3 is a great overclocking board. I know next to nothing about Conroe overclocking (I am the AMD type of guy), but I know you can get some results with reasonable temps. My friend has the DS3 with a 6400 and he is chugging along at 3.2ghz.

Dapper Dan said:
i'm sure i can if anyone teaches me how to... i don't think it's a good bach though i think it's one of the earliest weeks cause i bought it like right away maybe week 23 or so...and i only have a Gigabyte DS3 .... anyone wanna help me wiht overclocking? btw the fan i ahev is only a thermaltake mini typhoon..=( and i'm too broke to spend any money on the pc because i'm saving for peryn...

Im pretty sure the earliest batches of 6300 were Conroes, which would make them much better overclockers. Not to mention the earlier chips overclocked better than now. What stepping does cpu-z show? B2 or L2? B2 is Conroe, L2 is Allendale. Chances are you have a very good overclocking chip.

too lazy to do a print screen but it says revision "B2" and Stepping "6"... but my friend xtremeovrclockr says taht he's pretty sure all 63's are allendale cause he had a really early one

Dapper Dan said:
too lazy to do a print screen but it says revision "B2" and Stepping "6"... but my friend xtremeovrclockr says taht he's pretty sure all 63's are allendale cause he had a really early one

nope, early 6300 with B2 stepping are Conroes, only later did they start coming out as Allendales

yea i think so because my codename says conroe and his codename said allendale... he is dead set that it isn't.. is there any way to find out for sure?

CPU-Zmangz.jpg

there is the print screen for what cpu-z is reading

I just visited some other forums, and it seems the B2 is a Conroe. I saw no mention of B2 and Allendale in the same sentence. Now to hit the oc'ing!

dear god I am not going to try to re-invent the wheel here. if you don't believe me do some research you will find posts detailing which steppings are Allendale and which are Conroes. And yes 2MB 6300 WERE initially Conroes with 2MB of cache disabled.

I guess I stand corrected. Never heard of *any* e6300s being Conroe cores.

GTengineer said:
dear god I am not going to try to re-invent the wheel here. if you don't believe me do some research you will find posts detailing which steppings are Allendale and which are Conroes. And yes 2MB 6300 WERE initially Conroes with 2MB of cache disabled.

Calm down turbo.

PWatterson said:
I just visited some other forums, and it seems the B2 is a Conroe. I saw no mention of B2 and Allendale in the same sentence. Now to hit the oc'ing!
Mine is a B2 Revision and its a conroe (E6400)

Dapper Dan said:
Well thnx guys
really helps out i thought my ship was a piuece of **** lol apparently not.... not time to oc this bish

I wouldn't go around calling an Allendale a "piece of *****" :eh?: . My 4300 is doing 3.4GHz as we speak and I don't even have a good batch. That is almost 90% overclock.

Back