• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Single cpu in K7D Master-L?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

woods

I was wanting to jump into the world of dualies and was wondering if I could run only one CPU until I get the second? I will be using Athlon XP1800+x2.

After the place I ordered my XP1600+s from in October goofed, I was running one XP1600+ in my K7D Master.

You may want to reinstall Windows after adding the second CPu tho, so it sees it and installs the necessary drivers.

Some people say u should buy the cpu's together as they work better 4 some reason-someone post reason if u know it.

If windows dosent boot after u installed 2nd cpu (like mine) u will have 2 reinstall. If it does boot go into device manager/computer and go to tree that pops out and click properties/driver/update driver. This will install dual processor drivers.

Technically, you should be able to install and run with just one CPU and then add the second CPU later. If Windows doesn't recognize it, then you have to update the HAL (very easy) and tell Windows that you now have 2 CPU's (also very easy.)

Back