• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SIS735 | 830LR |K7S5a | K7AMA ...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dgm6780

Registered
I am looking to purchase a new CPU/Mobo combo, but I am so lost when it comes to Mobo's. What should I look for gaming purposes (performance) ? I am looking to buy a combo with AMD XP 1700+ or 1800+, mebbe 1900+ if I can find one thats good enough and fits in the budget. I just dont know what to look for, I am not really looking for good OC'ing qualties with mobo or CPU, just to scared to finagel around inside my computer for that stuff, OC'ing my vidcard is bout as far as I can go.

Thanks for any tips

Tech NOob

well depending on your budget here is how I would go with the 3 budget ranges.
cheapest MB:
ecs K7s5a$52+$8sh/ecs k7s6a $64+$12sh either or...

Medium:
Shuttle AK31a

High:
Soyo dragon+ or abit Kr7a

CPU:
Best bargain I've found is AMD XP 1800+ at newegg for $130 (retail version) and free shipping. The OEM 1800+ is only a few dollars cheaper an only has a 30day warranty. Way I see it the extra $6 is well worth the 3yr warranty.

Cheapest: Duron 1Ghz

Medium: XP 1600+

Found me a CPU/Mobo combo on pricewatch.com, Athlon XP 1800+ with ECS K7S5A for $153. What is the SIS735 and ATA100 on each of the motherboard descriptions? That sound like a good combo?

NOob

Back