• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

skyrim help me with your tips

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What armour do you use?
Dragon?

I'm using Whiterun Helm and body armour, I love the color and the way it looks.
Hopefully I can enchant it enough to be a viable option if I up the difficulty a notch.

Pffft, naw. I call that a "bonus chest" :thup:
If there's no gold in it, talk to the kajhit women that owns the chest. 750 gold ought to should up.

I totally forgot to respond. I use daedric. It's the best heavy armor available. It also looks really cool!

ebony for anyone lookin watch this video

Can't watch youtube. Being throttled :-/

I assume its some location to mine it?
That'd be nice, Lydia needs some ebony gloves and a helm, dwarven gloves clash with an ebony body armour :p

Blackreach has a ton of ore veins also in case anyone didn't know.

You can also mine empty soud gems there too :)

Gloomsbound mine is the best place to mine ebony. You can leave with 20 or so ingots worth (40 ores).

You'll start finding better armor from vendors as your character level goes up. Just realize that any armor you buy won't be as good as if you smithed it yourself. Especially if you have items enchanted with fortify smithing.

Where do I find a live Daedra? I need a Daedra heart for some Orc witch doctor. Can't find any Daedra anywhere.

If you do mehun's razor quest, 2 will appear after you find all it's pieces.
you need to get a museum pamphlet first, I got mine visiting a town.

Where do I find a live Daedra? I need a Daedra heart for some Orc witch doctor. Can't find any Daedra anywhere.

You can often buy one from a guy at the College of Winterhold. Forgot his name, but he sounds shady (I think he's a thieves guild fence) and is easy to find. You can also steal one in Jorvaskar in Whiterun. If you do the quest from the Mythic Dawn guy in Dawnstar, you will get some as well.

I've checked all those places and also did the mythic dawn quest but I have no daedra hearts...
Is there no place in Skyrim where they are frequently found "in the wild" out doors?

Do you just have to get a daedra heart, or do you have to take it from one? You can buy daedra hearts from the vendors who sell alchemy ingredients. Just try a few until you find one (if that's all you need).

The lady in Whiterun occasionally has them, and Babette (if you're in the dark brotherhood) usually does as well. If you've started the quests at the college in Winterhold and have access to the Arch Mage's quarters, there is one in there as well. :thup:

You can end up with about 4 or 5 when you put Mehrune's Dagger back together. The daedra there will have DH's. Also, the quest to get Azura's star will have daedra at the end of it. You have to be quick to get them all, because once you kill the main enemy, it will end - save him for last. Save before you do this last part (you'll know when), because unless you are strong, it can be a tough section especially when trying to loot each body and trying not to kill the main enemy in the process.

Aside from that, they will show up in alchemy vendor's lists randomly - Babette is the best choice. Enthir at the College of Winterhold is the guy I was talking about. He should have at least 2 and is where I always go first to get mine. I think there is 1 from the quest in Dawnstar to rid the town of nightmares. When you get to the tower there will be a section loaded with alchemical ingredients and I always find 1 there. You can find some during Dawnguard main quest as well.

Oh, I almost forgot - you can craft DH's at the Atronach Forge below the CoW with a human heart and a black soul gem, however you need the Sigil Stone, which requires you complete the Conjuration Ritual Spell quest. In other words, you need to max out Conjuration (or is it lvl 90?) to start this quest.

He said he killed multiple daedra and still didn't get a heart. I think after the 5/10 kill mark, it might be time just to buy one.

Back