• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sl7e5 Vs Sl7kc: The New 3.2e D0 War!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
woutertal said:
Hey Vflux.. have you noticed how much yr PWM temps drop after doing the capsmod?? I am amazed. The caps get hot as well.. the heat is spread better this way.. fantastic mod..

Bro, I have no pwm temps...but after getting 32sec. I felt the mosfets sinks and caps and you're right.....The mosfets sinks are just warm but the caps are sizzling....Especially i added to the NB and VDimm.........

Anyone using the XP90 on a prescott, mind telling me your temps pls......I need better cooling. I have to get at least 38idle day or night...this chip likes to idle at 42C....

Vflux

BigStan said:
Navig, what you do'n with and ASUS mobo. I thought you were a die hard Abit man!

Would have gotten an IC7Max3, but strangely difficult to find....

The local store had some P4C800e-dlx's on the clearance bin for $160, which is an okay price. But since I can show up in person and push'em over, customer service is pretty good.

Figured, now I can compare the 2. The first thing I did do, tho, was mount my spare abit northbridge cooler on the Asus. Heh, heh, heh.

Also picked up an Ultra X connect for $80. It's a nice lookin' psu and the modular system really is all that. But this one is dead as a door knob, so back it'll go. I wanted to be the first one to really stress its 12V by an overclocked prescott, but o well.

navig

well i couldnt get my sl7e5 stable over 4ghz even with my new powerstream 520. so i said what the hell and ordered a vapochill ls which should be in early next week to see what i can coax out of this chip with it frozen.

hawtrawkr said:
well i couldnt get my sl7e5 stable over 4ghz even with my new powerstream 520. so i said what the hell and ordered a vapochill ls which should be in early next week to see what i can coax out of this chip with it frozen.

rofl....that's the spirit, freeze it!

hawtrawkr said:

Keep us posted when your vapochill arrives bro!!! :beer: These SL7E5 chips loves cold temps....Rock on!!!! :beer: :bday:

Vflux

hawtrawkr said:

I'm sorry to insist.. but two PSU's is the way to go.. although vapo wil help by cooling the entire board down. Whilst you have two now (I suppose) it could be worth just a try with a paperclip accross pins 14 and 15 of the ATX connector to start the second PSU.. and than stick yr disks and fans on the second one.. I bet it makes the difference.

Here' a P95 benchie.. I like this better than Superpi.. it's a lot more precise in milliseconds :sn:

Primebench 4.0small.JPG

woutertal said:
I'm sorry to insist.. but two PSU's is the way to go.. although vapo wil help by cooling the entire board down. Whilst you have two now (I suppose) it could be worth just a try with a paperclip accross pins 14 and 15 of the ATX connector to start the second PSU.. and than stick yr disks and fans on the second one.. I bet it makes the difference.

ive already tried 2 psu i had my ocz powerstream running the board and atx connector and my fortron 530 running everything else..... and i know you are saying 2 psu but i didnt gain a single mhz fsb this way and the problem isnt with the power.

ive also tried this chip in my other p4c800-e and my ic7max3 along with a slew of diffrent ram the problem at this point is the cpu is maxed out for the cooling its currently on.

im just trying to get over 4ghz stably not stable for a hour and a half or 2 but to where i can run 24hour dual prime while it crunchs super pi in the background (ive been reading alot of people whove broken 4ghz saying it will go for a hour and half on prime so thats good enough for them but im looking for something that is dependable and fast not fast and iffy.)

Last edited:
My results

Well,

Sorry for the delay. I have hooked up the ocz 520 and it gave me 245x16 = 3920mhz with 1.47vcore stable. I was only prime stable at 240 before. I still have the same problem with the board making a noise under load with anything more than 1.48v I am positive that the caps and coils are not rated for this kind of power requirement. I will try the two supply thing later. The xp-120 is keeping load temps just under 60c which is pretty good. This is on the bench though and not in a case.

musk

musk said:
Well,

Sorry for the delay. I have hooked up the ocz 520 and it gave me 245x16 = 3920mhz with 1.47vcore stable. I was only prime stable at 240 before. I still have the same problem with the board making a noise under load with anything more than 1.48v I am positive that the caps and coils are not rated for this kind of power requirement. I will try the two supply thing later. The xp-120 is keeping load temps just under 60c which is pretty good. This is on the bench though and not in a case.

musk

That's a great improvement. I am glad it helped

hawtrawkr said:
ive already tried 2 psu i had my ocz powerstream running the board and atx connector and my fortron 530 running everything else..... and i know you are saying 2 psu but i didnt gain a single mhz fsb this way and the problem isnt with the power.

ive also tried this chip in my other p4c800-e and my ic7max3 along with a slew of diffrent ram the problem at this point is the cpu is maxed out for the cooling its currently on.

im just trying to get over 4ghz stably not stable for a hour and a half or 2 but to where i can run 24hour dual prime while it crunchs super pi in the background (ive been reading alot of people whove broken 4ghz saying it will go for a hour and half on prime so thats good enough for them but im looking for something that is dependable and fast not fast and iffy.)

Fair comment. Looks like that's a wall. Sure yr vapo sorts it.

woutertal said:
If I remember correctly from reading God knows where, these new EO's have multi unlocked like the CO.. Should clock better than the DO or what d'you think? Should be more efficient.. some new form of throttling back by switching to lower multi.. I'm really curious.. the extra Watts of heat are ok.. same as the B8 CO stepping
Hi, Here is someone who got a E0 @4GHZ 252fsb X16 multi.!! he seems a bit confused though about the unlocked multi..check out the thread. Probably aircooled on a unmodded mobo as well. hmm..rather high vcore also..1.568 i wonder what the temps are...:eek:

BTW i need to do a vcore drop mode on my asus p4c800-e dlx could anyone point me to a easy step by step guide? during heavy load it fluctuates a lot and drops even below 1.3 if i run with a 266 fsb, got a SL7B8
Cheers!

Indio said:
Hi, Here is someone who got a E0 @4ghz 252fsb X16 multi.!! he seems a bit confused though about the unlocked multi..check out the thread. Probably aircooled on a unmodded mobo as well. hmm..rather high vcore also..1.568 i wonder what the temps are...:eek:

BTW i need to do a vcore drop mode on my asus p4c800-e dlx could anyone point me to a easy step by step guide? during heavy load it fluctuates a lot and drops even below 1.3 if i run with a 266 fsb, got a SL7B8
Cheers!

http://malvescorner.com/p4c800.html

theres also a thread on it in the asus section of the intel mobos.

Indio said:
Hi, Here is someone who got a E0 @4ghz 252fsb X16 multi.!! he seems a bit confused though about the unlocked multi..check out the thread. Probably aircooled on a unmodded mobo as well. hmm..rather high vcore also..1.568 i wonder what the temps are...:eek:

Cheers!

They say it's not a SL7PN though.. they say it's a E5 with CO stepping????!!!! I think they are confused.

That box code RK80546PG0881M is INDEED the PN EO stepping. Got it from NEWEGG apparently. So now OEM 3.2E fromm the Egg is EO stepping SL7PN.

He's got a great clock on it.. and wants to sell...?

EDIT: In fact Intel uses the same ordercode for E5 and PN. So it is still a gamble

Last edited:
woutertal said:
They say it's not a SL7PN though.. they say it's a E5 with CO stepping????!!!! I think they are confused.

That box code RK80546PG0881M is INDEED the PN EO stepping. Got it from NEWEGG apparently. So now OEM 3.2E fromm the Egg is EO stepping SL7PN.

He's got a great clock on it.. and wants to sell...?
Jepp. but does it run as hot as the C0 and D0 ? ..if it does then watercooling is the way to go for 24/7 stable overclock. I get around 68celcius at full load with artic silver 5 + Zalman 7000AlCU + 4 case fans (case open) + a huge outside fan blowing in. I have to look for better cooling. Hell not even a Zalman Reserator seems to cut it with the prescott core.. Going to do the vcore mod on monday first and then i have to buy a watercooling system. :)

Back