• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLK-800 Quiet Setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xvi3tsoljahx

Is this even possible?I seen it on svc pretty cheap.. and the whole reason for going to a new hsf is to get the noise out. What silent fans will get good tempertures on my xp2100?
I'm at 42c fullloaded (FOLDING)

it is a really good hsf...but you would need a fan that is good also...I recommend the Smart Fan II, it will be silent when you are idling and gradually increase it's speed as the temperature of the cpu gets hotter...it is really nice and can go from a silent 30's cfm to a loud 70's cfm...but when only get louder as you push your cpu, alah playing games or crunching

NyTe said:
it is a really good hsf...but you would need a fan that is good also...I recommend the Smart Fan II, it will be silent when you are idling and gradually increase it's speed as the temperature of the cpu gets hotter...it is really nice and can go from a silent 30's cfm to a loud 70's cfm...but when only get louder as you push your cpu, alah playing games or crunching

i dunno myself, but ive hears hundreds of times that its cheapper and better to just buy a sunon 80mm 83CFM (the very same tornado one but cheaper!!) along with a reobus, slk800 will benefit of sunon fan design and the reobus will allow you to play with the noise, in fact im thinking on getting this cooling setup...

I have the sunon and the smart fan 2 and I stick with my smart fan2. I leave it on 4200 rpm and my diode is 35C idle.

Very nice.

I just purchased an SLK-800 and I think I'm gonna go with the smart fan II. I'll keep you guys posted on temps.

-Pfieff

I have the AX-7 with a crappy enermax fan, i am going to upgrade my fan to maybe a smart fan 2. When i am running my 1.6 @ ~1.71 i am running at 47-49c. That is full load due to folding. Not really sure on the temp in the room. It is about 70's(f) outside, so i would have to say it is about the same inside. When i take off my side panel i drop down to about 45c. When i get the smart fan i will let you know if there are any differences.

Damn...looks like I'm not the only one with the SLK800 coupled with the Tt Smartfan 2. I like my cool mod too. (I know it's optional)

Back