• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Smartphone ( Xperia )

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gimli

Registered
I have an xperia, not sure what was happening to the phone, it wasnt picking up my sim, no network and i couldn't find one manually the lte was working fine though.

I restarted it, and it went into safe mode , and i cant get it out, there are some guides online of how to get the phone out of safe mode but i dont even see some of the options.

What was there was a waiting update .... so i downloaded the update thinking maybe its a software issue.

It got rid of the safe mode but still no network ... so im back to square one.... with a new interface.... i am starting to think somethings out on the hardware of my phone. Any ideas. ?

Take the phome somewhere and have it looked at. Unless you have another sim there really isnt much we can do. Network is enabled though, right?

Yea its on, other sims dont work. the sim works fine on other phones. So off to Mtn it is ( I hate that place ) sorry i say mtn because its under contract so i think they shoulf look at it before any repair shop right?

Apologies i forget there is a world out there beyond my country Mtn ( mobile telephone network ) is a mobile service provider. Im not sure how things work in America but here in SOuth Africe you cant really buy a new phone... They are sold by the network providers always with a contract, unless you go looking for a second hand one. That being said they also take responsibility ( As much as a company will ) for any warranty issues and so forth.

Any updates?

Yes how crazy is this, like i said when you buy a new phone you are given a contract with that service provider, if you happen to switch your sim for whatever reason , like i did to check something it auto installed Cellc another providers access point settings.

So when you put your Mtn Sim back in it will request access point settings and so forth, upon request the system sees that it has already been activated and is thus is denied and blocked from the network and flagged as a possible stolen phone blocking you on all networks.

Not sure if this is just to keep clients or a security feature against sim swap fraud or smartphone theft... They do tell you when you buy a contract phone that the sim needs to stay in. I just never thought it was for real.

Lesson learnt.

Back