• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So i was in DFI's new irc support and ....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This is good news. They'll have a main mod with people skills and AG can do what he does best in the background. A win-win situation for everyone IMHO.

This is good news. They'll have a main mod with people skills and AG can do what he does best in the background. A win-win situation for everyone IMHO.
I wouldn't be so confident that is going to happen.

Angry isn't going to give up the ship that easy.

Tmod

I'm sure this has all been worked out already or else DFI would just open their own site. AG is on DFI's payroll so there is some leverage there and I don't think he likes dealing with people who keep asking the same stupid questions over and over again (n00bs). If AG didn't sign off on this, the site most likely would have been nuked by AG.

I wouldnt count your chickens just yet. Looks like Alexia (the Forum admin) has just been screwed over...

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31393

::Edit the tread was deleted, but I saved the post (coz I knew it wouldnt last long as a lot of posts on the street are vanishing with no explanation.. a locked thread with something said would be better)

Travis,

You need to call me immediately. You have my cell phone number and it is listed below. There better be a very good reason why all of my passwords have been changed to who knows what and why my account on the forum(that I can't access anyway) has been demoted from administrator.

--Alexia

Things are a changing, but I get a feeling of corporate control coming...

Last edited:
DFI can just start their own support site if they feel the need.
Tune in tomorrow as 'The World Turns' :p

Audio, that's the Enzyte guy in your avatar, no?! lol

sry for threadjack... i just found that funny...

g0dM@n said:
Audio, that's the Enzyte guy in your avatar, no?! lol

sry for threadjack... i just found that funny...
Yep Bob's the man. Now only if we could attach sound files to our avatars, then he could whistle that ditty :p

Yes, I did post that under 'FORUM-TEST-USER'. Getting screwed over is putting it lightly.

Alexia said:
Yes, I did post that under 'FORUM-TEST-USER'. Getting screwed over is putting it lightly.
I don't know the full story over at DFI-Street, but the way things are going over there with AG isn't reflecting well on DFI. DFI needs to clean it up asap.

He wanted full control of that site but first he needs to excercise full control over himself. He's in his 30s and should have those issues squared away by now. I don't dislike or hate AG but I try to avoid interacting with him over there if possible.

Sorry you got caught in his sights too.

Alexia said:
Well that sucks, I hope everything works out for you. I have no love lost for AG either but there is some useful information to be had at DFI-street. I like it here much better though. (This is home for me :) ) For all of you guys that needed help and did not find it at the street. You should've come here where we care enough to help without flaming. :p

I think that you "Mr.thread starter" should RMA your board until you get one that works. :) I know it's not the answer you want to here but it does sound like your board is the problem. When you get your new sticks of ram from Mushkin you'll know for sure if it's the board or not.

I had to RMA some ram to mushkin for not booting on this board but it was tested in my NF2 board at relaxed and default timmings to be sure. The ones I have now are new purchased from the egg while I waite for my replacements. These are stellar but I've only been running them for 7 days so my opinion may be premature.

I may be wrong but I think if your lucky enough to get a good board back from RMA you will be more than happy.

Alexia said:

That sucks Alexia, its not like I saw you do anything wrong... So Im assuming that you are pretty much "done" on the street... after all the hard work you put in too. :bang head

If I had a job for you I would gladly give it to you, but unfortunatly, I dont... sorry... :rolleyes:

Hope everything works out for you soon. Things always happen for a reason

mysterfix said:
Well that sucks, I hope everything works out for you. I have no love lost for AG either but there is some useful information to be had at DFI-street. I like it here much better though. (This is home for me :) ) For all of you guys that needed help and did not find it at the street. You should've come here where we care enough to help without flaming. :p

I think that you "Mr.thread starter" should RMA your board until you get one that works. :) I know it's not the answer you want to here but it does sound like your board is the problem. When you get your new sticks of ram from Mushkin you'll know for sure if it's the board or not.

I had to RMA some ram to mushkin for not booting on this board but it was tested in my NF2 board at relaxed and default timmings to be sure. The ones I have now are new purchased from the egg while I waite for my replacements. These are stellar but I've only been running them for 7 days so my opinion may be premature.

I may be wrong but I think if your lucky enough to get a good board back from RMA you will be more than happy.

I rma'd the sticks to mushkin. They said that the sticks I rma'd work fine when they were tested. my bh-5 and a stick of crucial (both at low voltage) work fine together. I got the sticks back and they booted up fine. Then I tried to power down (didn't turn off power supply) and I could never again get the stick in the slot closest to the cpu socket to boot. My bh-5 and the other UTT stick booted fine ( again at low voltage). I talked to mushkin again and they rma'd the sticks and are giving me a new set to try. I actually did send my board back and got the same board back. I've been calling/e-mailing DFI to get them to get me a new board. Haven't heard back yet.

Meathead said:
I rma'd the sticks to mushkin. They said that the sticks I rma'd work fine when they were tested. my bh-5 and a stick of crucial (both at low voltage) work fine together. I got the sticks back and they booted up fine. Then I tried to power down (didn't turn off power supply) and I could never again get the stick in the slot closest to the cpu socket to boot. My bh-5 and the other UTT stick booted fine ( again at low voltage). I talked to mushkin again and they rma'd the sticks and are giving me a new set to try. I actually did send my board back and got the same board back. I've been calling/e-mailing DFI to get them to get me a new board. Haven't heard back yet.
Well that really blows how they are screwing over the people that made them what they are. If they keep it up people may start to take notice and buy else where.

All you folks buying at Newegg, why don't you pay that extra $15 for a full year of NEWEGG warranty? A lot simpler and there is very less waiting time.

I don't have to worry about my DFI board anymore. Mushkin stepped up and hooked me up with their new 2 gig kit of redline 4000's. I'll be posting my OCing adventures with these new sticks in the memory forums when I get a chance.

Meathead said:
I don't have to worry about my DFI board anymore. Mushkin stepped up and hooked me up with their new 2 gig kit of redline 4000's. I'll be posting my OCing adventures with these new sticks in the memory forums when I get a chance.
Cool, good luck man.

I've seldom read such whining as there is on this thread, there must be a truckload of sand in the collective vaginas of some of you guys.

Yeah, the mods on dfi-street can be a bit harsh, but after the 5,000th person has failed to even read the rules of the forum and make a sig. or do a simple search on a common problem then anything you've ever received from AG would be like baby's breath compared to what I'd give you guys if it was my forum. And make no mistake DFI-street is not paid for by the company, but is owned by AG, though that may change in the future. And some of you are so oblivious to your whining that you post LOGS of your whining.

DFI-street is a very useful tool for all board builders and especially for DFI users.

I found dfi-street in late September of this year, while researching my socket 939 build options, and it was one of the reasons that I decided on DFI, that and the poor socket 939 overclocking performance of all the ASUS boards (though the new one looks interesting per anandtech.com).

Keep on whining guys, get some Midol though, maybe it'll help. ;)

Psyclone said:
I've seldom read such whining as there is on this thread, there must be a truckload of sand in the collective vaginas of some of you guys.

Yeah, the mods on dfi-street can be a bit harsh, but after the 5,000th person has failed to even read the rules of the forum and make a sig. or do a simple search on a common problem then anything you've ever received from AG would be like baby's breath compared to what I'd give you guys if it was my forum. And make no mistake DFI-street is not paid for by the company, but is owned by AG, though that may change in the future. And some of you are so oblivious to your whining that you post LOGS of your whining.

DFI-street is a very useful tool for all board builders and especially for DFI users.

I found dfi-street in late September of this year, while researching my socket 939 build options, and it was one of the reasons that I decided on DFI, that and the poor socket 939 overclocking performance of all the ASUS boards (though the new one looks interesting per anandtech.com).

Keep on whining guys, get some Midol though, maybe it'll help. ;)

Well I don't consider asking for help whining. I had a perfect sig. I don't think asking for an answer to ones problems is whining. I don't think getting upset when AG tells me to sell my ram either is whining.

If you'd treat customers that abide by all your rules and ask questions then you wouldn't be in business very long. I'm glad you'd rage at people over the internet.

DFI is paying for the site in a sense because they pay AG. Maybe if people that said they'd help you were not or just giving you dumb answers you'd be singing a different toon.

I just re-read my post and I don't see any whining. I didn't know asking people questions was whining uncontrolably.

I truly hope you get screwed over in life and then I can laugh at you for making fun of people that had the same thing happen.

*EDIT* ohh btw welcome to the forums

Last edited:
Meathead said:
.... I truly hope you get screwed over in life and then I can laugh at you for making fun of people that had the same thing happen.

*EDIT* ohh btw welcome to the forums

Exactly how old are you child? If you are of legal age then you should email your parents and tell them what a poor job they did of teaching you social skills. If you're still a minor maybe someone will come along and teach you how to act in public before it's too late.

And yes your chat was totally whining, you wanted to know why your memory that you had taken far over the limits that were recommended by the engineers who designed it had dared to fail on you, and you wanted an answer NOW. And not just any answer but the one that you wanted to hear.

Overclocking a computer is little different than hot rodding a car, you know that you are way beyond the design limits so you buy the best parts available and then use your KNOWLEDGE try to push the limits without breaking things, which takes a bit of competitive restraint. Obviously, either your knowledge is lacking or your restraint. Judging by your posts, I'd gather both.

Have a nice life living with your mom, and maybe she'll let you out of the basement for Christmas. ;)

Psyclone said:
Exactly how old are you child? If you are of legal age then you should email your parents and tell them what a poor job they did of teaching you social skills. If you're still a minor maybe someone will come along and teach you how to act in public before it's too late.

And yes your chat was totally whining, you wanted to know why your memory that you had taken far over the limits that were recommended by the engineers who designed it had dared to fail on you, and you wanted an answer NOW. And not just any answer but the one that you wanted to hear.

Overclocking a computer is little different than hot rodding a car, you know that you are way beyond the design limits so you buy the best parts available and then use your KNOWLEDGE try to push the limits without breaking things, which takes a bit of competitive restraint. Obviously, either your knowledge is lacking or your restraint. Judging by your posts, I'd gather both.

Have a nice life living with your mom, and maybe she'll let you out of the basement for Christmas. ;)

I'm 19 and I'm pretty sure I was running rated speeds with my ram. I don't think you know what you are talking about. I'm calling it like it is.

If you're talking about DFI instead of the mushkin redline ram, I'm pretty sure they market their board to overclock well and sell it as such.

You're telling me how to act in public? Do I even need to quote your last post .....

I'm pretty sure the only whining in this thread is you whining about others supposedly whining.

Back