• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So, what about the 320mb GTS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

One Bull

Like the title says,

(For those who don't know:)
Nvidia is going to release a 320mb version of the 8800GTS propably in february. It's going to be cheaper then the 640mb obviousely, But reports say it's only going to be about 50 bucks cheaper which isn't alot. The clocks an layout are going to be the same as the normal 8800GTS the only difference is going to be the amount of memory.
Linky:
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Nvidia-Readies-the-320MB-8800-GTS-44345.shtml

Now my question is: What do you think about this card.
Isn't the performance going to suffer so much that the card would be a ripoff?

One Bull said:
Now my question is: What do you think about this card.
Isn't the performance going to suffer so much that the card would be a ripoff?
Hmm, you would certainly think that the performance would suffer quite a bit but I don't know. If you're only going to save 50 bucks I would definitely go with the 640mb (or even an 8600 Ultra when they are released if your looking to save money). The prices are dropping so fast on the 8800gts's that by the time that is released the 640 and 320's will be the same price lol.

I'm holding out for the 8600 Ultra 512MB, should be a nice bang for buck card.

Or if 8800GTS prices have dropped enough by then, one of the 640MB versions.

That is half the memory of the regular GTS which I would think would kill performance. Get a regular GTS or look at teh 8600 when they get out. My year old SLi setup has 512MB.

Back