• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLID mOUSEpOTS for Joe Camel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Joe.
I have two words for you in regards to the mousepots and the X1950XT's:

"Bad ***!!!" :mad:

sadly i have 2x also (assumed) COLD BUGGED :-/

ill mount them on my x1900's first to get the insulation set and then try them on the X1950's but im assuming they are going to be cold bugged.

think ill play around with the 1950's with stock cooling to see what they can do (easy)
and then start work on the mousePots (hard)

Joe Camel said:
sadly i have 2x also (assumed) COLD BUGGED :-/

ill mount them on my x1900's first to get the insulation set and then try them on the X1950's but im assuming they are going to be cold bugged.

think ill play around with the 1950's with stock cooling to see what they can do (easy)
and then start work on the mousePots (hard)

Im curious to see what it is that you do with your "old" hardware, although x1900 arent really old ...

Do you plan on selling them or what ? How do you afford housing with the cost of mmouse pots$ ? LoL :drool:

No hurry JC, take your time and enjoy your new toys :beer:

a lot of my "old" hardware is FOLDing these days.

(a lot is sitting around collecting dust as i hate to sell hardware with grease all over it and or has been modded)

x1900 cards can (as of VERY recent) also FOLD :D

depending how things work out, im thinking ill have 2 cards FOLDing soon.

ya, me too :p

haven't figured a (good) way to insulate yet :-/

there is SOOOO LITTLE space between the "tube" and the card.

i had it figured out (i thought) but then got 0 (ZERO) contact on the core, so needless to say i had to start over.

as i have only really run the other tubes on a cold-bugged master, its (IMO) impossible to say what they could do when "full" of ice.

tell ya what... PM me if you want to "give one a go" on your own.

PS... yep, ive proved beyond the shadow of a doubt: I'M a SICK pup !!!

Alu version3 mOUSEpOT (CPU) on the way :rolleyes:

it is looks way smaller when held in ther hand like that

the picks mm had on ocx it looked much biger

pict0444ld8.jpg

pict0445lf5.jpg

got a fair amount of condensation on the delrin (i assume) hold-down last-night so i insulated it now too.

its a CLOSE squeeze between the NB HSF and the hold-down... dont want to tip that HSF off the chip :eek:

no major breakthroughs in OC though (on the first night of testing)

but (as i assumed) this thing is 500% easier to use than the Camel Pipe !!!

(my pipe has a center post in the middle of a small ID tube so its hard to get the D-ice pellets down to the base. LINK with inside pics )

EDIT: disregard this statement!!!

although, surprisingly, not really more than 2-3C better temps than the Camel Pipe which confirms my other assumption: that the Camel Pipe was a good design :D

Last edited:
Back