• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

some raptor raid0 benchies (NOT mine)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
http://www.asusboards.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=43448

i found this thread looking for raptor raid0 benchies and setup info.very very promising,even tho they did say the intel sata is the better controller made.i just hope my SI sata cortoller is up to the challenge.

some good news from newegg.
This order has been successfully processed. It can no longer be changed! Your order is at step 3 of 5: being prepared for shipping
should go out today and i did get overnight shipping :D
soooooo tomorow at or before 4:30 ill be hunting fedex guys for the drives.and yes of course ill be posting benchies and any requests i can benchmark also.

and also ill be reporting on the state of the Silicone Image controller.i have the both new bios and old and all drivers to test so ill be the guini-pig once more on this cotroller.

pretty sweet, those write times are 2x my RAID 0 setup (2 80gb 8mb maxtors).
how do those raptors sound? i.e. like a normal IDE drive, or a cross between IDE and 10k SCSI?

I just got my first raptored delivered just now. I'll be ordering another one soon, should get my next direct deposit anyday now.

I heard that the Sil controller built into many of nForce 2 motherboards dont play nice in RAID especially in WinXP. So Im considering buying a Highpoint or Promise Controller card instead. Any thoughts to which is better?

mine will be here tomorow at 4:30 est long as fedex dont screw up again.:D

how do they sound? ive heard anything thing from high pitched whine to dead silent. ill have to find out for myself, and post that info.

ive had the issues with SI controller also.im hoping it will play nice now i have a non adapted sata drive.
ive heard the highpoint is just an adapted ide card so id look at the promise.might be the same way also i dont know.

adaptec and 3ware have good ones ive read also but expensive.

im expecting a 50% increase over my ide raid0 setup i was running. 65000-85000 sandra marks is my goal.
i was getting 42000-56000 sandra marks with my sata adaptted raid0 setup.

yes jdlt1 the drives look great.but the problem is getting them to run in raid0 as noone yet has reported perfect success with their controllers.

im expecting alot of bugs and corruptions so im prepared for crap.
but it better be fast and then i can deal with str8ning the corruptions out.

i have had my raptor raid 0 for a week now and love it! I upgraded from a single Maxtor 40gig to what I have now!! I went from a pc2002 mark score of 781 to 2309!!! My Sandra scores are 70,000+!!! Yeah!

wow killer scores man.and nice sig also.im kinda jelous and i usually dont get that way much.:D

i think your uses the intel raid0 controller? well i just hope i can get those speeds out of the silicone image controller as well.

mine will be here within 5 hours :D hurry up fedex!

Back