• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Someone new again to OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's actually noon here in our country right now. I'll take a picture of my place.

Here's a pic of it:
Capture5.PNG
There's an electric fan at the back of the CPU since it restarts when I play some games.

I would take the case side panel off and position the electric fan to blow in the open case to cool the motherboard and other components inside. I wouldn't think the fan blowing at the back of the PC would help much. It's after 10:00 PM here and time for me to go to bed.

Yes, try another test with the fan blowing into the open case. Run Prime95 blend for 20 minutes.

Until you get those temps down there is no point in trying to overclock and if it's not stable at stock speeds when playing games it will be even less stable when overclocked. Why is
The Philippines is a part of the world where the climate is very hot. That is part of your temp problem with the PC. Unless you can run AC all the time that is.

Weird! Why is your ram running at 367 mhz when the fsb is at the stock 200 mhz.? It should show 333 in CPU-z memory tab.

Hmm. Temp are a little higher with the fan blowing into the case. When you tested temps the other times did you run the Prime95 blend test for the full 20 minutes like you did for this one?

I know i did. Hmm. I'll do one last test w/o the fan and with the fan. It's night time btw so it's kinda cool right now.

Twice I have suggested cleaning the CPU cooler heat sink and redoing the thermal paste with quality TIM and then remounting the cooler. You have not responded to my suggestion either time.

Twice I have suggested cleaning the CPU cooler heat sink and redoing the thermal paste with quality TIM and then remounting the cooler. You have not responded to my suggestion either time.

I really think this is the problem as well. Do a good pea method application of some half-decent TIM and reseat that heat sink!

I've had bad applications for no reason other than the guardians dictated it, and gotten a 15* change simply by reapplication. Its definitly worth a shot-- TIM isn't exactly breaking the bank right now.

Sorry. Still got no money to do that at the moment.
But I'll clean the heat sink later.
Here are the results:
W/o the fan:
Capture.JPG
With the fan:
Capture2.JPG

Back