• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sorry i need advice again

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
quicksilver984 said:
u guys woukld help a lot if u say why u choose any of the cards.....
and why u dont choose the other

"The 8500 will be faster then the TI200, if you went with a TI500 then you would be about the same speed for both (although chances are better that with OCing both, you would be able to get an 8500 about 5% faster). ATI's drivers are just as stable as Nvidia's. If you look around you will see just as many issues for Nvidia as ATI (just look at the problems with the GF4's).

I am not sure who is making the newegg card, but with specs like those I would be willing to give it a shot."

I gave you this advice to explain the differences and hoped you would see the reasoning for the 8500 choice (Its cheaper and faster).

Keep in mind that I am currently using a GF3 (although not a TI) and try not to be biased in any companies direction. I just like the most card for my money. Since the driver issues is no longer an issue (everyone should know this by now, however we do know the ATI USED to have problems here) then it comes down to the cards.

The most card for the cheapest money is, as far as I can tell, the Radeon 8500. However, if you do not feel comfortable purchasing an ATI product because of nay-sayers or previous experiences, then go with the Nvidia.

Truth be told, you can't go wrong with either card.

I wouldn't make it any harder then that. Remember, this is supposed to be fun. Both cards are great, you can't make a bad decision with either, so don't fret too much about it.

^^ Amen to that. I have a GF3 Ti200, but I wish it were a Gainward. My Visiontek card DOES NOT O/C well. I get 220/460 with stock cooling and no artifacts. My best 3Dmark score is 7700 even with a 1.702 GHz Athlon XP (1800+ @148FSB) and 256MB Samsung DDR333 @ CAS 2/Turbo, Epox 8KHA+. If it came down to a Gainward Ti200 and a Radeon 8500 retail (275/275) at the same price, I would literally have to flip a coin. I suppose my decision would be made by my willingness to fiddle/overclock the new card. I think the Gainward card would be more fun to play around with, while the ATI would be guaranteed nice performance and maybe a cleaner image. Truly tough decision as shown by the knowledgeable and mixed suggestions posted above.

i think ill buy a gforce3ti200... or maybe save a bit o fmoney for a gf4ti4200 (what do you think bout that?)

byt 8500 is not a choice
cos if a game happens to have issues with the ati card, maybe it will be a lot of time for them to release the patch
ppl say gta3 has issues with nvidia cards, but i know nvidia will patch it in no time

Back