• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chuggowitz

The card mentioned in my title is currently on as a shellshocker on the Canadian newegg site. For 84.99 should I bother? I've been debating getting a sound card but didn't really want to shell out more than 100$ for a good one. I'm aware the Xonar DX is also a decent card as well but is 5 dollars more at the moment. My speaker system is an underwhelming Logitech X-540 5.1 surround system while my headset is an ASUS Vulcan ANC.

My main debate over this is whether I will notice a difference with my headset, as they are my primary sound device. If relevant, my computer specs are in my comment. If I don't hear back by 1:30 am my time I might buy it anyways as the new shellshocker starts then.

If you do nothing but gaming, get the X-Fi. If you plan to use it for movies/music, get the Xonar.

Fair enough. All the reviews I have consulted seem to think it's an excellent card for games and listening to most music. What I do most is play BF3 and TOR, so this should be good for BF3 especially. Thanks for the input, probably just going to pick one up as you can't really argue with the price.

Back