• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sound goes wierd in cs sometimes.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RangerJoe

All that is Man!
alright, well its kinda wierd how it all happens, there is a widely used program called hlsw, which lets you monitor servers for cs and a few other games..you can use rcon and admin and all that through it. well, whenever i use the program to connect to a server, the right channel on my headphones play the majority of the sound. i can hear a little bit out of the left one, but the right basically gives the whole surround of sound. i have an audigy mp3+..it also does this sometimes when i use the console to connect to a server, but if i use gamespy, it works fine. in my audio properties (control panel > sounds and audio devices) i have 'stereo headphones' selected as the speaker type..what should i do? as far as i know i have the newest version of audigy drivers..any ideas?

fixed it...just needed a little TLC..and new drivers and a fresh install. works great!....now, if only i can figure out how to get the mic working with cs...

are you plugging it into the digital out or the two left and right jacks as there are 3 jacks on the audigy for sound output and a line in and a mic in make sure you got it right man

also try switching the card into another pci slot and check the audio cables to make sure its all the way in the cd rom and the sound card

Back