• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soyo P4I fire dragon, P4 1.6A and WinXP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's funny... my system wouldn't even boot up with a Vcore of 1.85. Once I saved the bios and rebooted it would shut down and the only way I could get into the bios was my resetting it with the jumpers. So you just set it to 1.85 through the bios and you had a 2.3+ GHz speed reading through Sandra? I'm wondering why I can't get those results.

quick message on the wire trick. It is net soldering. Look at one of my replies above. I gave a link to where the wire trick is explained. I connecte the 4 pins bij weaving a very very thin wire between the 4 pins. (think of outside wire of a coaxial cable).

From what I've been reading on this forum so far is as you increase the CPU clocking it will eventually become unstable. You then have to increase the voltage to get it stable. Its the voltage that causes the heating. You gotta watch your temps like a hawk when increasing the voltage.

What kind of cooling set up do you have elmbo?

I've got the TermalTake Ajustable fan on the CPU, ThermalTake RAM fan, and the ThermalTake Chipset colling fan.

To date the CPU and ram has not crossed the 45c mark and stay around the 43c to 42c mark normaly. My chipset however burns real hot, it will reach 56c from time to time. Usualy then I see a blue screen

My Soyo can do the 1.85 volt with no problem. It's my ram that I have the problem. I can only install 2700, I have 3200 that will not work.

Any ideas?

Back