• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Squeeling Any One????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Squeeling is not a good thing! i just called a PC shops that i deal with. and i asked them if they have ever heard of that prob, and they yes they have and no its not good, it could kill the mobo and other parts of hardware in your sys. so i asked if i sould RMA it and they said i sould ASAP. so i guess monday ill be geting a rma number and be shiping it back. i wonder how long ill have to wait to get a new board?

and yes it does have to do with the coils and capacitors.

So, my first guess was right. I got confuse about your driver and hardrive swap that makes it go away.

lol yah me two.. but what i was thinking when squeeling stoped that the caps and coils were not hot enuf yet :-/

ive had monitor squeeling, but DEGAUSS and res changes take that away.

also ive hear a 300W PSU squeel when running prime 95 and a totally silent computer, it was funny, only program to make it squeel, but it was WAY overloaded with stuff.

Rob

yah i got a few fans kickin around.. i can try that and see if that helps till i get it shiped... i dont know if they will give me a new one. coz i dont know how they will test it. but like i siad b4 i only realy heard it when i was playing BF:V and and 3dMark prog,but any other prog, it did not seem to make that noise at all, even under stres test, and im wondering how they will ship it back.. coz i might ship it by air mail.. if i send it by air mail will they send it back by air mail? thats sum thing im looking in to right now tho.

just put a 2 fans over the caps and coils. did not bring the temps down at all:confused: ... so um yah :-/

send it back if you can. the "batteries' are caps and over time or overvolting, or just a manufacturing flaw, they will push the tops out and open then boil liquid out. At that point that your mobo will no longer start. The squealing sound, is similar to a teapot venting steam.

2coop said:
send it back if you can. the "batteries' are caps and over time or overvolting, or just a manufacturing flaw, they will push the tops out and open then boil liquid out. At that point that your mobo will no longer start. The squealing sound, is similar to a teapot venting steam.

If this is indeed the problem, then RMA the board right now. And I mean now! :)

Now, if you modded the board at all, then you broke it, and rule #3 is: Don't RMA stuff you break.

no i have not mod'ed the board in any way. the most i have dont is run a 266 chip at 333. so have i mod'ed kinna.. i have soft mod'ed it with the help of the bios, but not hard mod'ed it :) and yes im going to RMA it.

UPDATE:

well..... LOL.... it took a week to send back. "Fedex Ground:rolleyes: ".. well after a few days i called them and to see what was up with my RMA... well they siad they tested it and could not find a prob with the board at all.. " ok i guess im just messed up and im hearing stuff " and they did not know what to do. they did not know if they would send me a new board or send me back the old one. but then by the end of the day i got a email with a tracking number and what not and seen that the barcode number and s/n where both diff from my 1st order. Sooo im guessing im get a new board but ill guess ill have to wait and see. it says ill be here by friday of this week. "HOPE its a new mobo:p "

I hear a sqeel in my headphones sometimes, but it does this even @ stock speeds, i just concluded it was my Soundstorm on the motherboard doing that.

UPDATE:

Well i got the new mobo today. "May.5.04" i got it all set up and runing the same way i had it set b4. boot it up, let it warm up abit, then i ran the 3dmark. and it was doing the same damn squeeling thing. :mad: :bang head. so i dont know whats up. Hey i got a new board and i get the new rev. REV AP. this one got a all new layout of the 12+ volt hook up and the caps in coils by the CPU are all layed out diff,

oh well i dont care whats really happens now.. i give up on this thing. if it blows up, it blows up LOL. at least i got a new board :D

Thanx for all your help and trying to help me fix this prob. Props to you all :thup:

lol i know.. i got to get my hands on another cpu or suming. i just got a new hsf. but i am still looking to get suming better. oh well ill find out sooner or later whats makin the sound :rolleyes:

Back