• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Star Wars Empire at WAR!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
first screen shot Settigns at half way @ resultion 1280 X 1024 @ 75 res

empwarscreenie.jpg

I've never been a big fan of RTS games leaning towards macro play (i.e. AoE, C&C etc.) but I really did enjoy TA, which involved absolutely no micro at all, the game was a blast, I wish cavedog hadn't gone under, nobody has done anything like that since :/ I downloaded the demo for this new starwars game, have yet to play it, but I take heavy preference to WC3:TFT these days and I find most other rts to be... sorely lacking.

Talk about a sweet demo!

The very first thing I do with any demo: just jump right in! Damn the tutorials!

So I went straight to galactic conquest. Beginning I was clueless, but after a few minutes the UI was easy to use. Marks of a good game design.

There's a few things I've learned, though. Do not use your beginning garrison forces as an invasion group! One walker pretty much destroyed my group. And btw, it takes more than 1 airstrike to take down a walker. :D

Down loading it now from;
Downloads.com

slow their to

OK got the game and played through the tutorial. When you need a hand against a large force don't forget the Bombing run button :thup:

Last edited:
I know you can do like a cinematic camera run. Press space bar to start it. I don't know how to make the camera change pitch or anything though.

i think the demo is pretty mediocre. what is it that is so great about it?

ninthebin said:
fear no more superfarstucker for TAs true follow up, Supreme Commander, will be released this year (hopefully) :)

chris taylor better hurry the hell up. we need a good rts... all these aoe types are getting really old.

Banyan said:
i think the demo is pretty mediocre. what is it that is so great about it?

Have to agree it isn't half bad at all, better then some I've seen recently with a slightly different twist. I think they did a good job at least demo wise, can't wait to see what there final product will be like.

Banyan said:
chris taylor better hurry the hell up. we need a good rts... all these aoe types are getting really old.

Couldn't agree with you more on that. Total Annihilation was set as a base block for all RTS's back then and well bearly any follow it today which is sad. Theres still a modding community for it and all even. Great game just wish it gave more options at least on todays machines for multiplayer with more then just 1 AI per computer in lan games.

SC will be a great improvement and from the screen shots already, we can tell that the beta testers are having one hell of a time, lucky ********.

did anyone take over the at-at using chewie yet? just use han solo's emp power to disable it and then use chewies takeover enemy vehicle power. that thing is sweet!

blitzkrieg1110 said:
did anyone take over the at-at using chewie yet? just use han solo's emp power to disable it and then use chewies takeover enemy vehicle power. that thing is sweet!

Ya, I did that and it was awesome. The AT-AT is so friggen powerful that you could literally walk through troops and through those little walker dudes and destroying them in the process! They're only weakness is those blaster turrets. Dangit. :(

Back