• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Guild Wars 2 build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sheyi

Hello guys,

Yesterday I pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 and downloaded the beta client. Just by sitting in the login screen I noticed my system was lagging, even on low settings. I want to be able to enjoy the game with an acceptable frame rate and decent graphics.

My system specifications are below:

PSU: HKC 180V-264V, 47Hz-63Hz (max. output 15A/400W)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H AM3
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840 (4 CPUs, ~3,2GHz)
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4250 (integrated, shared memory)
RAM: 8192MB DDR3
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EARS 1.0TB SATA/64MB Cache

At this time I'm using a 17" monitor at 1280x1024 and a 32" LCD TV at 720p as a secondary monitor. I might upgrade the 17" monitor in the future. I also like to play games on my LCD TV.

I'm pretty sure everything besides my GPU is good enough. This is why I'm looking for a nice GPU, which allows me to play new games smoothly in the future too. I'm planning to use this system for at least 4-5 years. My budget is about €120,- so it would be nice if I don't have to buy a new PSU too. What do you guys recommend, taking my build into consideration?

Thanks in advance,
Sheyi

Last edited:
Back