• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Started my O/C, have a voltage ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks the the post Chains!

My current settings are as follows:

FSB: 425
Multi: 8.5
DRAM: 400/800 1:1
DDR2 Speed: 850
CPU VID: 1.28v Load 1.2v Idle (+.75 add)
SB: 1.64v
NB: 1.43v
VTT: 1.22
DRAM: 2.2v

I'm running Prime95 now to see how these numbers work... I bumped up the VID +.375 (1.28v load) and going to run this for 24 hrs and see what happens. I've been able to acheive stability for about 19 hrs before failure, sometimes shorter. Also been getting the BSOD with a "Second Core Failure" which is why I was thinking the CPU was bad. I can budget another 9550 if I need to but I'll see if I can get this one to work with some tweaks to the voltages.

I know the Intel specs say the max VID is 1.36v on this one... what is tha max safe VID I should use? I'm water cooling, so temps aren't a big issue... With the settings I have now I'm running 33c idle, and 47c load on cores 1,2,3 and 40c idle and 53c load on core 0. This is with a lapped IHS and AS MX-2.

Any other ideas you can give me would be great!!! :)

Thanks again,
Ken

Go ahead and bump your vcore so that it shows up as ~1.365v in CPU-Z. Then see what you can do from there.

Use a little more NB (<=1.55v) and VTT (<=1.3v) if needed.

You'll probably get good results if you play w/ GTLs a bit as well.

Its normal for 1 core to always give you problems. I think all the CPUs are that way. Playing w/ GTLs might make a different core fail first.

Back