• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Still Rocking The FX 8320

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mtdewcowboy

Its been like 5 years since I have been on here. I am still rocking the FX 8320 turd, takes 1.50 Vcore for 4.6 Ghz.
My rig set in the garage for 5 years and in sub zero temps, aka water cooled. ended up replacing to radiator and reservoir due to it freezing up and breaking. I have since replaced the Rad and Rez, new parts in sig. I also upgraded from crossfire HD 7770's to a Asus TUF 1650 super.
Been playing around with overclocking the cpu. Like I said before, my chip is a turd at overclocking. I can go to 4.4 Ghz without a bump in Vcore but after that I have to throw alot of Vcore at it. Temps are not a issue, 120mmx4x60mm rad for cpu only.
I have finally settled with 4.6 Ghz, FSB @ 230 and Multi @ 20. Takes 1.48 Vcore for that, anything higher takes 1.55+ :mad:. HT and NB both running 2530 and ram is 1866 OC to 2145.
Probably time to upgrade to Ryzen and quit living in the past.

But it's kind of fun for a little bit to resurrect those old rigs when we could actually gain something by overclocking.

Are FXes really maximum-multi-locked like Phenom II? I thought they were multi-unlocked beyond 20.0.

I'm still rocking the FX 8320 as well, but I plan to build a new system when the Zen 3 Ryzen CPUs come out hopefully later this year. If I get impatient I might just pull the trigger on a Ryzen 5 3600. I've been very pleased with the Ryzen 5 1600 I use for work.

Wow I gave away my FX rig some time ago. It was paired up with an Asrock FX990 Ex4 board & some DDR3-2100 ram. Was a daily driver @ 4.5Ghz and 1.37v. My friend's daughter needed a PC for school work and some simple games so I donated it to her.

Was a pain in the butt to get it to clock up as it would either crash or black screen right out the starting gate. Once I got it to 4.5Ghz, that's where I locked it at. Wasn't fun at all trying to overclock it and I almost took a hammer to it several times.

Sold my last one in 2016 IIRC, daily driver as well, coupled with a SaberTooth, 16gigs of ram and a 290X. Cooled with a 280, was running 5GHz/1.5'ish v. Swapped for a golden 5820k (4.8Ghz, 24/7).

I still have a FX-8320E system that I used to have for overclocking. It just runs stock now and it's for my brother whenever he comes home to visit. It runs World of Warcraft Classic perfectly! :D

Back