• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

stupid Fedex driver

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Flip-Mode said:
You are right, I wasn't very accurate but I wasn't aware I was writing a statement for the supreme court.

Timeless,,I may use that in my sig :)

man. I was waiting for my package from the fedex guy.... according to the tracking, he delivered at 7:11 pm... i checked the tracking page and that's when he delivered it, but I was waiting since like 5:30.... guy never knocked and just left it there with a note. great service.... not... anyways at least I knew it was going to be delivered today, so i checked at 8 pm and there it was. kinda ticked me off knowing someone could've ran off with it and the guy never knocked.

Our FedEx guy usually just walks up to the door, knocks, sets the package down and walks off unless the package requires a signature.

The last time I ever ordered something from Directron(will never order from them again, they sent the wrong parts and forgot parts and blamed me), it was about 8 different boxes (total value of around 2,500USD). I get a call from a strange number on my cell phone and answer it. lo and behold it was the UPS guy asking if I was in the area and when would be a good time for me to recieve the pakages. I told him what I thought would be the time it would take me to get out of DC and 30 miles in traffic to my house. He called me back about 20 mins after I said I would be there and asked if it was ok to leave them behind the house. I got home and this guy have individually wrapped each box in a plastic bag, moved about 8 different potted plants around to mask the boxes from every side except the sliding glass door and left a note under my other mail saying where they were. I would have emailed or called Corporate to praise this guy for his extra work but I had no way of knowing who he was.

FedEx has always done that to me on signature things or stuff that won't fit in the mailbox. Leave a note and run. UPS, on packages that are too big to fit in mailbox, actually brings them to the door, and rings the doorbell. If it's a signature thing, then they even wait a minute just to make sure. UPS tracking even explains delays :)
UPS Tracking said:
[On Time]
Scheduled Delivery: Mar 24, 2006
Service Type: GROUND
Weight: 6.20 lbs

Package Process
Date Time Location Activity
Mar 24, 2006 01:00 PM MESQUITE, TX, US UNLOAD SCAN
04:17 AM MESQUITE, TX, US ARRIVAL SCAN
02:19 AM MESQUITE, TX, US LATE TRAILER. GROUND MOVEMENT CAUSED THIS DELIVERY DELAY
Mar 22, 2006 01:09 AM GARDENA, CA, US DEPARTURE SCAN
Mar 21, 2006 08:29 PM GARDENA, CA, US ORIGIN SCAN
07:01 PM US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: Mar 24, 2006 02:38 PM Eastern Time (USA)

So yay for UPS and boo for FedEx.

I've only had one problem with FedEx or UPS and that was when the driver went to the house 2 houses down. No biggy because the neighbor brought the package for me. But if he had kept it, I would have raised hell. Other than that I've had no problems. They drop the package off, ring the bell and leave. Nothing to it.

Back