• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sub-Sonic Atomizer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

starscream33

Registered
Holy Sub-Sonic Atmonizers, Batman!!!!
:burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn:
I just install a new sound card and speaker system and I must say it ROCKS!!!!

I bought the Creative Labs Audigy Platinum...which is ok...more of a giant pain in the @$$ to install. I had the drivers lock up on me during the install and it took about 20 to 30 minutes to install the first CD.

But the real show stopper was the speakers. I just bought the Klipsch 5.1 system. Lets just say we have to start putting the breakables away. These thingys vibrate the entire house. I can't wait to get home and find something that will blow up. It was worth every bit of the $400 for the speakers. Klipsch could definitely rule the market if they were to lower their prices.

Well, back to work....laters.

Had the same prob with my gamer. locked up installing drivers. I think it has something to do with all the other junk on the CD. Just went to creative and downloaded the latest drivers and everything rocked.

I was also having problems installing my Audigy Gamer, but it was due to some incompatabilities with the Nanya RAM I was using. Slapped in some Corsair and reinstalled without a hitch.

As far as good speakers go, I was relatively happy with my Inspire 5300s. Quite a bit of speaker for the price. I was happy with them until I tried to play a CD a few days ago. Ugh, in games they're alright but trying to listen to music and turning up the volume produces distorted sonic farts. I've heard popped speakers in a 70's chevrolet that sounded better. Then to add salt to the wounds I went to Best Buy and listened to those Klipsch 5.1s. I want these so bad, even though my friend has had nothing but trouble with his 4.1s (but the 5.1s are supposed to be a completely different design, so...). If these things ever go on sale (I doubt they will), I am going to grab them. Hell, I might grab some anyway and give these to my dad.

Interresting to see that so many had trouble with the software install. :(

I did find one problem with the Klipsch speakers....in a way they are too good. See, I'm a big fan of Daffy Duck...He's the ancient Egyptian god of frustration, you know....So I made a short collage of Daffy Duck sound files to produce a humorous skit. Anyway, a few of the section of that collage make the sub-woofer hum kinda loud. As far as I can tell, it’s some line noise from when someone first recorded the wav files that I used. I guess the original mixer had a bad ground or something. :eh?:

Oh well. You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

Back