• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can someone help me see what I am missing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eaglepi

I bought a Elgato 4K60 Pro MK.2 In Feb 2022 and installed it and it has worked every time I have used it. The other day when I opened the 4K utility that is the software that you download from Elgato for the 4K60 Pro MK.2.

When I bought it I checked my system to make sure they met the requirements. The other day Elgato gave me a popup to upgrade the utility software to version 1.78 and since then as long as my PS4 is connected with the Elgato card in the loop my PS4 won't produce any video on my TV. When I connected the PS4 direct tot he TV it began to work perfectly again. when I took the Elgato card takem out of the loop all worked fine. They had me install the prior version 1.77 and it didn't change a thing. They then wanted me to try different HDMI cables.

I ran some info gathering utility that they sent me to give them my system info and all of a sudden they say my system doesn't met the requirements for the Elgato 4K60 pro MK.2 card that has been working fine since Feb. until this latest utility upgrade.

below is the link they gave me saying my ssytem didn't met requirements but didn't say exatlly what didn't met the requirements.

Could someone please look at thier link of requirements and look at my signature and polease tell me what doesn't meet the requirements.

Thanks in advance.

Ron

• Intel - 6th generation Core i7 (i7-6xxx) or better

My dude.....2nd thing on the page - you've got a 4th gen... it says 6th gen. ;)

Thanks Noe upgrading PSU to make a $225 capture can work........lol I'll sell it

But the odd part of this is that there was no compatibility issue until the software was upgraded. eaglepi, was this software a firmware upgrade or a driver or a user interface upgrade?

Can you roll back to the previous version that worked? Can you get the earlier version of the utility off the manufacturer's website or use a Windows restore point to do it?

Can you roll back to the previous version that worked? Can you get the earlier version of the utility off the manufacturer's website or use a Windows restore point to do it?
Yes I downloaded the version prior to the upgrade ver. 1.77 and it still won't work. The consceience is to strange that it stops working after I upgraded. I will just sell the carture card.

"The consceience . . ."

What?

Are you sure the card itself hasn't failed? You might look at that before selling something bad to someone else.

"The consceience . . ."

What?

Are you sure the card itself hasn't failed? You might look at that before selling something bad to someone else.
Never said the card failed, I said Elgato told me that my Cpu didn't meet the requirements so I guess when they updated the utility my cpu wasn't able to handle it. Doesn't make sense to me but...

Yes, I know you said that but I'm just not convinced that the Elgato rep knew what he/she was talking about. Believe me, I have gotten bum steers from tech support people numbers of times. Some know their stuff and some don't. Do you have another computer you can test the card in? Have you checked to see if you have the latest bios installed on your computer?

Yes, I know you said that but I'm just not convinced that the Elgato rep knew what he/she was talking about. Believe me, I have gotten bum steers from tech support people numbers of times. Some know their stuff and some don't. Do you have another computer you can test the card in? Have you checked to see if you have the latest bios installed on your computer?
I agree that not all support reps know what they are doing. All I know is everything worked fine from Feb. when I bought and installed the card until the other day when it stopped working right after I got a notice that there was a upgrade to the utility, it came up on my computer when I opened the cature utility.

Elgato support blamed it on everything except the fact that it was something related to the new upgrade. Anyway, I am tired of messing with it so the card is out back in it's orgianal box, my PS4 is working fine. So issues resloved. I won't sell the card since I can't test it on another PS4 or computer. They say my cpu is too old and doesn't fit the requirements for the card.

I'll save the card until I either build a newer system or keep it as a souvenier.......lol

Back