• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sudden pump noises

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sabag123

Registered
Hi, I'm using the mcp655 pump with ek x-res , and my pump has started making random noises.
When I took apart the pump I noticed that the impeller is not sitting properly , Is there any way to fix it till I get my new pump?

That doesn't sound or look good. I see no movement of flow which tells me you should stop the pump immediately and inspect to see what is going on. A image of the pump housing and the impeller would be helpful for us to investigate.

It also could be a very stubborn air pocket. Try tapping at the pump and setting it a much lower speed if its the vario.

Do you have a picture of the impeller not sitting properly? One of the picture the center of the housing looks off center, but it could be the angle of the pic.

That doesn't sound good though.... is it within warranty?

Nope, I already got my new pump, but is there a way to fix the old one?

Maybe? I can't tell from your pictures what is bent or broken so it's hard to tell what is bent/the problem.

Back