• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggested case and psu for midrange rig?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Semyaza

As you can tell from my sig my current rig is starting to really lack get up and go as far as games are concerned. I am currently tossing around a mid range build and am looking for a good case.

In order of importance,
Cooling
Silence
Motherboard tray
Tooless
Style

I have had 2 cases now with blue leds glaring me in the face at night. Which while they may look cool at first just later seem to annoy. The ideal case for me would have the above listed in that order. With no clear panels or vents that serve little purpose.

So far the case I think best suits what I am looking for is the P180B.

Just wondering anyones thoughts on the case. Also would it be a good fit for a Cooler Master Hyper TX2?

As for power supply was thinking AeroCool 500W Saw them mention the 620 on tomshardware, I like the modular design and they seemed to highly suggest it, but don't think I will need the 620 version. Usually I use antec PSUs but I am willing to give it a go.

Thanks for replies in advance. ^^

As you can tell from my sig my current rig is starting to really lack get up and go as far as games are concerned. I am currently tossing around a mid range build and am looking for a good case.

In order of importance,
Cooling
Silence
Motherboard tray
Tooless
Style

I have had 2 cases now with blue leds glaring me in the face at night. Which while they may look cool at first just later seem to annoy. The ideal case for me would have the above listed in that order. With no clear panels or vents that serve little purpose.

So far the case I think best suits what I am looking for is the P180B.

Just wondering anyones thoughts on the case. Also would it be a good fit for a Cooler Master Hyper TX2?

As for power supply was thinking AeroCool 500W Saw them mention the 620 on tomshardware, I like the modular design and they seemed to highly suggest it, but don't think I will need the 620 version. Usually I use antec PSUs but I am willing to give it a go.

Thanks for replies in advance. ^^

Best bang for the buck, quality, quiet, modular, 5 year warranty:

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=373100

Antec Earth Watts and NEO HE are ok too if you want to stay with Antec. The Corsair is better (IMO). Stay away from the Antec True Power and Smart Power series.

Last edited:
I threw together a system for my parents in a Sonata III case. I liked it, plus it includes a 500W EarthWatts power supply.

Back