• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System Wont Boot After Some Changes - Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GerrFel

My computer turns on, fans on the video card, case, and processor whirl, lights and LED turn on, but my system isn't booting. My monitor stays black, and after about 10 seconds, I hear 10 beeps come from my motherboard. It's in this pattern.

- --------- -

- = beep

The events leading up to this error could be anything, here's what I was just doing in my case..

I put an Arctic Silencer II on my Radeon 9600xt, properly applied it, thermal paste on RAM chips and the GPU die.

I reorganized the wiring in my case, pushed some of it back behind the motherboard tray, to clear up some airflow.

Changed the position of my floppy drive, dropped it one slot to fit a shorter cable in.

Zip tied cables together and pushed them to the back.

What could be causing this beeping? My motherboard is an AsRock P4V88. The beeps are coming from the little motherboard speaker, are they a clue?

SOS...

Check your manual to see what the beep code is. It doesnt sound like a standard code to me.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, try reseating your ram, constant beeps are usually RAM problems.

Last edited:
Back