• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

tbred 1700+ and asus a7v8x voltage question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aljazeera

Registered
Thanks for thelp earlier this week guys! I cleaned off the AS3 and reapplied and now im at 35C full load at 2.24! This time I am having a problem with voltage. I have the overvolt jumper on my MB alreaedy enabled, and the highest available vcore is 1.9. This is a problem cause I am getting some great results so far from this 1700+, but the lack of higher vcores is causing it to not be stable at 2.4 and up. Does anyone know if there is a way to resolve this?

Have you set the overvoltage pin to enabled?
When it's enabled it should give you 2.05 V...

/Norrko

Yes, the overvolt jumper is enabled. This is odd though, cause in the bios the highest visable vcore is still 1.7. When its set to 1.7 the vcore is actually set to 1.9. Im not sure whats wrong, but maybe if I were to clear the bios?

No... The bios don't show the "New" voltage. But if you set higher voltage, save, reboot and then check Hardware monitor in bios it will show you the voltage that the processor actually have...

/Norrko

A7V8X is like that.
It allows only +0.2V increase from default Vcore ie. 1.5 to 1.7 and when Overvolt is enabled from 1.7 to 1.9
Nothing wrong.
The good thing is that A7V8X allows you to choose multiplier > 12.5 for 1700+

yeah, I have done that, but even with the overvolt jumper enabled it only seems to give me 1.9 as the maximum vcore I can set...

Back