• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3080 held back by my Ryzen 1700?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I had good experiences with GeForce Experience! Unless you can access the Nvidia encoder via OBS or other software, that's what you have to use to record game plays with the Nvidia encoder.

I wouldn't even try to use FRAPS other than the FPS readings. But, Afterburner seems to get the job done! (Maybe you can select "NVENC" in Afterburner, but dunno right now.)
Im glad it worked out! That is good to hear. :)

If there is a feature you need and it doesn't hinder other experiences, it makes sense to use it. That said, I'm pretty sure other streaming software makes use of any hardware/NVENC capabilites.

Fortnite in general is not very well optimized. I had a lot of trouble running just 1080p on an overclocked 1080Ti that was watercooled. I was getting dips to 30 FPS on max settings in PvE when lots of objects were on the map.

Ran better on the 5700XT tho :confused:

Im glad it worked out! That is good to hear. :)

If there is a feature you need and it doesn't hinder other experiences, it makes sense to use it. That said, I'm pretty sure other streaming software makes use of any hardware/NVENC capabilites.

IIRC, OBS by default will use the CPU, probably because it uses x264 by default.

x264 2-pass, is a CPU stress test.

IIRC, OBS by default will use the CPU, probably because it uses x264 by default.

x264 2-pass, is a CPU stress test.
A little googling shows OBS v23 (from 2019) supports NVENC.

Anyway... not the point of this thread, but just want to note you dont 'need' GFE to stream with NVENC.

Back