• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temps with 1.6A on Air

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathman20

High Speed Premium Senior
Anyone with a 1.6A please post your speed, temps, voltage and motherboard that its running on. Since I just switched from watercooling back to air because I need my system up for a school work and had a major leak the other night so I'm giving the water cooling a rest for the time being.

What I was running was 1.6a @ 2.56 with 1.65 volts at about 46 Celcius on Abit IT7-Max board. This was in a warm room to begin with but I was just wondering what some others temps where.

P.S. Originally I had Intel HS with that pad still attached running about 54 to 56 degrees. Now the HS Pad is removed with AS3 under it. Going to lap it this weekend.

i dont have a 1.6a but as long as your under 50c load then your OK... up to 60c will work but thats alittle warm... 40-50c is normally what we are looking for. 39c and lower is even better but GL getting that with a stock HSF.

AZN

I just recently purchased the same processor and I'm running at 160 FSB as you are. I've also been unable to get my temps below 42C idle. I recently purchased an AX-478 sink along with a sunon 50cfm fan to cool it, but under load I'm still hitting about 50C. I've lapped my heatsink, and applied as3 but have still been unable to drop my temps more. These temps by the way are with my case open. I'm thinking about trying the swiftech since it seems to be the best cooler out there, at least that's what I've heard on this forum.

P4 1.6A@2560 w/ax-478
Abit BD7II
Mushkin PC 2700 2 2 2
Maxtor 20G 7200RPM ata 100
Antec 350W PS
Plenty of case cooling
1.6 V
memory voltage 2.5

prettycoolguy47, your not going to see that much of a temp difference between the 2 most likely. I'd verify your temps with an external source instead of depending on the on board monitor just to make sure your motherboard isn't reading too high. I read somewhere here that the BD7's read high.

As for my 1.6A running at 2.4Ghz, I idle in the low 30's and run 40-44C under load with an AVC Sunflower on an Asus P4B266-C board, of course I've read on numerous occasions that the Asus boards read too low.

my p4 1.6A at 160fsb runs 47c idle and about 62c full load with prime95 after a few hours with an alpha 8942 and AS3. The stock heatsink would get to around 69C full load, same overclocked settings. im running a bg7 board that i hear might read temps a little high but everything is stable, not worried about the "high" temps.

Well I got my computer up and running on stock and runs in high 50's and low 60's at 1.7 Volts under full load with room temp around 28 C about 82 F.

Dropped my speed down too 2.4Ghz with 1.55 Volts and now runs around 55 to 56 C under full load with case close and 2 case fans, another case fan blowing air accross harddrives. Waiting for my 4 UV fans and going to reduce the speed to the 7 Volt trick and see where it is then.

Also taking the heat sink off and brining it home lap it conciderably. Then going to put a fresh coat of AS3 on it and see what it does. Man that stuff is a pain to clean off because it gets everywhere. Any easy ways of removing AS3 without it going everywhere???

what are you removing it with? higher purity rubbing alcohol works for me as well as that stuff that women use to take their fake nails off! dang, i can't remember the name of it. it is like rubbing alcohol but a little more powerful.

Back