• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TH7 2 RAID Owners - Which Rambus Do You Have

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Try removing the heatspreders, and either leave them bare with air blowing accross them or fasion your own heat spreaders.
If you open them up you'll see they use a strip of some kind of heat transfering fiber. they dont actually even make direct contact with the alluminum spreader.
MrNatural said:
I think what may be happening is the RDRAM reaches a certain temp it throttles back like the P4 does, The reason I say that is because I found that if I remove the fan I have blowing accross the RIMMS then they don't reach the higher speeds even with the higher vrimm woltage but as soon as I place the fan back then they go higher.

Dremel worked fine for me, took about 5 minutes for the pair.
I should also note I'm aware of a few people who claim their rimms kinda petered out on them after using more than 2.7v for a short period of time, so be carefull
MrNatural said:
Yeah I know. Been thinking of doing that but just haven't gotten around to it.

I keep a close eye on them. I run them at that level for a while then I cut them back to regular level. Right now I have them at 2.54v with the speed at 1120mhz.

I have 2X256MB of the Kingston memory and it's able to do 133MHzX4 no problem. I got it upto 140MhzX4 but Prime95 gave me errors so I'm happy with 133Mhz for now. The only thing is I can not fill all four memory slots to get 1Gig of memory. The Bios will post 992MB instead of 1024MB running 133MHz and Windows will not boot. At 100Mhz it posted 1024MB and no errors with windows. Any ideas what the problem is?

Sounds like 1 of your sticks has a weak bank of 32meg in there. When you clock it to high it drops out. See what it does at say 130mhz.

Back