• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Cartridge Incident

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I didn't see the part where you got the refund. Since they just offered you the refund despite the cartridge issue, makes me wonder if the security did find the problem and didn't want you to get involved?
Who knows if they even bothered to check the tapes? Maybe they thought its not worth their time. And the employee confessed or something behind the doors? I went 15-20mins after the store opened. Seemed like no matter when I went, he would've said the same thing. And the woman who he claimed saw the tapes, was there last night as well when the whole confrontation happened. In the heat of the argument, we basically agreed upon a refund only if the employee was found guilty. I even said that the next morning. But he offered a refund before even that woman came back 'from checking the tapes'. It just all seemed too pre-arranged.

I know I have no 100% solid proof, but one can imagine in my position there wasn't much doubt in my mind to suggest otherwise. I mean, the employee was merely 16 years old... maybe 18 if he looks older to someone else. Alot of kids at that age act irresponsibly all the time.

I'd avoid that store for a while.
I'm never going there again. Theres another Staples at equal distance from my house but in the opposite direction. I'd rather go there if I must shop from Staples again.

Back