• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Dust Acumulation Test

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wait a sec, negative pressure might be better for dust reduction........saying it's better for cooling is a whole other experiment. Sounds like an interesting one though.

BTW - I love how people call it "negative pressure" when it's really just more exhaust airflow then intake :D The real pressure drop is probably .0000001psi

well for you stumpjumper a single output fan, probably the one cooling your rad or block, will keep your case at negetive pressure and be silent.

i think its a good test but i dont think posative air pressure would help keep out dust

it works in bio suits becase the air coming in is filtered so dust cant get in the cracks
but in computers the air is not fileterd and your essantuall blowing it in .

still want to see the results of the test.

having positive pressure (more intake than output) will cause there to be a pocket of stagnent air in the midle of the case allowing sudt to settle, which is what happened in hte positive pressure simulation. in the negeting pressure (more output adn input) the air moved constantly thru all of the case and dust was not allowed to settle.
it seems the best thing would be to have ALL of the holes or cracks in the case filtered or sealed (idealy) and have one or two fans pulling air out of the case, one back and one top.

Intrepid6546 said:
having positive pressure (more intake than output) will cause there to be a pocket of stagnent air in the midle of the case allowing sudt to settle, which is what happened in hte positive pressure simulation. in the negeting pressure (more output adn input) the air moved constantly thru all of the case and dust was not allowed to settle.
it seems the best thing would be to have ALL of the holes or cracks in the case filtered or sealed (idealy) and have one or two fans pulling air out of the case, one back and one top.

i'd like to think that the ideal setup would be exact intake and exhaust pressure. like sandwiching a rad.

Back