• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

thinking about getting a 7800gs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pak

Looking to get an agp card.

So 7800gs is the best of the best for AGP. Im looking to upgrade two more things on my system. One is my memory to 2gb and my video card. Right now Im just kinda sitting around looking for a good deal on it. Ive heard some people of getting theirs for 250.

But looking at my system right now, is anything else going to bottleneck? Is the 7800gs maybe over kill? Should i get a lower performance card? or just go for the kill.

--pak

ask your self how much longer you plan on keeping your current setup. the only bottle neck i can see might be the cpu that and you will need a bigger psu.

hmmm guess I should get a PSU first. and I plan to use this rig for a while.

--pak

I tried it when I first go the card, but I seemed unsuccesful. I think it was becuase I went wrong somewhere. Id try again, but I cant seem to find the thread.

--pak

Thx. and it worked. Made a significant change also. Guess ill just go for the memory first. thx.

--pak

Back