• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

this forum makes me spend too much money (off-topic)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ambassador

Registered
when I read these threads, and see what kind of modding goes on, I want to start modding one of my cases..

MAKE IT STOP. ...

:) :p :p :) :)

This forum has saved (or earned) me more money than I've spent since it helped me learn how to build and maintain computers effectively. For myself, family, or friends.

Captain Slug said:
This forum has saved (or earned) me more money than I've spent since it helped me learn how to build and maintain computers effectively. For myself, family, or friends.
i agree but then again i believei have saved so much and spent just as much on other stuff because of the forums :D basically breaking even.

ambassador said:
when I read these threads, and see what kind of modding goes on, I want to start modding one of my cases..

MAKE IT STOP. ...
I can ban you....

...for the right price. ;) :D

THis forum is making me do all sorts of things that I don't want to do. Like overclocking(I used to think that it was simply bad for the computer and that it didn't get you that much), now I need $70 worth of fans and a $50 heatsink to go with my $70 1700+(garaunteed steppings...argh) and I would almost be better off with a high dollar CPU and spare the money on this much cooling. Besides, now I have to redo my fan set up(replace the loud fans with quieter ones) because it is a little too noisy for my taste. Then I have to buy a new case because I am tired of this one and I need to mod it, another chunk of money down the drain. Then I am going to have to spend hours sleeving my power supply. I think that I decided that I do not enjoy having the set up as much as I enjoy building the set up. I just get bored when all I can do is sit and play games on an awesome looking and performing PC. Then I have to sit and listen to how my parents think that I spend my money poorly while they go and buy expensive pinball machines and pool tables that they will never use. But, I guess that I wouldn't have it any other way:)

man im stuck in that cycle too..

fortunetely im in the spending phase so.. its kind of exciting right now

but once im done.. im gonna be wanting to spend money on something else..

sigh...

but there are so many different thigns you can do or try, including mods, case building, making a direct die phase change (my little project), making just about anything you see around here. You can really get crazy and have a fun time with all the mods and stuff around here. It all comes with a pricetag tho. I would try to do all the mods as cheaply as possible and try to think of ghetto alternatives for some things.

GameFAQsRolo said:
I think the whole forum makes me want to spend money! Better cooling, more mods, bigger case, better system, cheap items in classifieds, raffles,...!!!

:eek::eek::eek::cry::cry::cry:

you said it

I dont spend money, what are you talking about...

I spend more on alchohol than I do on computers. Well, maybe more frequently.

Fushyuguru said:
I dont spend money, what are you talking about...

I spend more on alchohol than I do on computers. Well, maybe more frequently.
That looked like quite the expensive mod you did....

Back