• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This may not work...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Epox

Registered
I went to NAPA Auto today, looked at their cheapest heatercore, which was the classic chevett one most people use (atleast thats what they said - when I called im, they said it was for a FORD truck) and I look at it... this thing is too big, seriously... Duanting size was huge. It was only 16.99, seemed to have 1/2"ID copper pipeing, as I was looking at it with some seriously long copper pipes still on the top...

I told the man that it was too big, thanked him for his time and left...

I seriouly am thinking that...
1) I was not looking at what I thought I was looking at...

So, can someone:
1) Reccomend a cheap black ice rad or something that small I could use...
2) post a picture of one of these chevett rads in use, I wanted to put the thing towards the front of my case...

I was planning on doing a 3/8" system... but if this miracle RAD is 1/2" only, I can deal with that too....

Thanks

Go over to D-tek, and Dangerden and see the rads they have there. They all seem to be pretty small, at least small enough to fit ina midsize case.

I went to both sites, Dtek had the same chevett rads, but they where painted. Those are like $38 but I am not sure about fitting it into a Antec/Cheiftec case...

DangerDen had the Black Ice Pro rad, which would work out nicely in my case but I would like to try and get it for less than $50. Color dosen't really matter to me on this one, it would go so nicely with my 120mm Blowhole I have now....
I'm gonna look for a cheaper one...

I just found a really great price on a Maxxpert radiator for $29.95, I might just get it because In know I won't be getting a Black Ice for that price...
This rad should fit in the front of my case...

ok, Thanks.
All is good now anyway, I'm gonna just get that Maxxpert.

EDIT: Hey Mike, What pump are you using and is that tupperware container it is in?...

bad link for the pics But you are right on the fit look in the case mod gallery for some with one in there as for the max I think it was just like my old one here is a pic of it

18251392.jpg

19210856.jpg

Ok, kool. Thats a Maxxpert rad right Stedeman?

Also, waht kinda Resiviour is that?
Hey Mike, What pump are you using and is that tupperware container it is in?...

yeah those heater cores are massive
i am building a new case (gonna use acrilic)
to house 2xheater cores 2x pumps and my processor
lol i am just planning on shooting for overkill
and silence
gonna have to learn to post pics if it works

my reservoir I used was just a $2 plastic jar from a K-Mart or Wal-Mart you can see the small pump on top of it the pump I use and recommend is the maxi-jets PH's 600-1200 they are mag drive pumps and they work very well and are very small and cheap the 1200 is about $20 and can keep a close pace on the ehimes also here is a good link for prices on pumps http://www.bigalsonline.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?inCUR=US

Stedeman said:
bad link for the pics But you are right on the fit look in the case mod gallery for some with one in there as for the max I think it was just like my old one here is a pic of it

18251392.jpg

[ img]http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL56/696834/1163113/19210856.jpg[/img]
wow that thing is tiny. where can you buy those? looks like a 92mm fan on that. is that correct?

no its a 120mm X 38mm deep YS tech 125CFM the rad is a 6 pass much like the maxxpert I had to knock out my lowwer 3.5 bays and holder just to fit it in there but as rads go it is small but deep 120mm X about 3 inches deep

I cant give you any real numbers (maybe a Bill A article can) but these kind of radiators don't have as much surface area as heater cores and also only use aluminum fins pressed on not bonded, so they lack in the top performance area but work well in very small and custom configurations with 1 mild O/C CPU (if that helps any)

Back