• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

this wait is killing me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

(G{in}[AK)TION]

i really miss playing ns2 with good settings. so i have a question

i have a Geforce 8400 in my computer right now with a Pentium D E5200. its overclocked to 3.50ghz but thats as high as i can push it with the memory i have in here (2gb+1GB). but if i use my Dual Redemption ddr2 800 ram i can overclock the system to 3.60. at 3.70 thats when i need a OEM cooler.

as for the Geforce 8400, i could overclock it, but i know it wont be good enough to play ns2. so heres my question.

i have a 400 watt dynex and a 350watt SPI (mah baby!). which power supply will be GOOD ENOUGH to power a 7870 in a computer that has a E5200?

the specs of the machine are

Asrock G31m-s
Pentium D E5200 (at 3.50ghz)
160gb hard drive
300 watt power supply
Geforce 8400.

im desperately trying to get this system rolling. i tried to use my CX750 power supply but it wasnt powering the system on. only the graphics card would turn on but not the processor (i didnt see the cpu fan spinning).

what can i use for now while i wait for my Asrock Extreme4 z77 to come back in the mail?

I would check that cx750 again, if you still can't get it to work you may want to look into rmaing it. I don't think I would trust either of the power supplies you listed.

I would check that cx750 again, if you still can't get it to work you may want to look into rmaing it. I don't think I would trust either of the power supplies you listed.

did what you said and it worked. i checked the power supply with a volts meter on the cpu power cable and they all read 12.13. is that bad? im pretty sure they are suppose to be under 12 volts (from what i read in my comptia book)

im planning on getting a lepa power supply if it is defective...and a 7750.

works better now. i think ill work on getting this thing an

:rock:INTEL CORE 2 QUAD CORE PROCESSOR OVERCLOCKED AT 4.80GHZ:rock:,

8gb of memory, and then throw linux on it.

but that will come later in time ^u^

works better now. i think ill work on getting this thing an

:rock:INTEL CORE 2 QUAD CORE PROCESSOR OVERCLOCKED AT 4.80GHZ:rock:,

8gb of memory, and then throw linux on it.

but that will come later in time ^u^

How do you plan to get a quad clocked at 4.8? That would likely take some serious cooling...

Back